Tea/Sherry and Sympathy needed........

Monty

Nov 16, 2001
On a farm
Visit site
Haynets and helpful husbands!! They don't mix. Really they don't!! :confused:

Today, I did what I do on most days.....I tootled to the barn on my mobility scooter, filled a couple of large haynets, and then trundled back to the stable with them, where I leave them for later feeds. I have it down to fine art.. I balance one haynet on the front basket of my scooter, and the other sits, somewhat squashed between my feet at floor level.

My disablilty, for those of you who don't know me, is compounded by the fact that I only have one hip joint. This means that the leg on that side is very mobile, unpredictable. It hangs there with gravity, swaying like a clock pendulum, gathers momentum and ends up kicking things I never meant to kick, or tripping me up!!:eek:. It also has spasms which involves it twitching, in the most unlady-like fashion. But mostly I can just do party tricks with it....it looks like a dummy leg, with unnatural movement.:rolleyes:

I arrived at said stable with my haynets. OH decided he would help me unload. He grabbed the haynet which was between my feet, and pulled smoothly but strongly at it to get it free to take into the stable for me. What neither of us knew was that it was hooked around those hooky eyeletty things on my boots (they're bit like hiking boots). Had it been the other leg I could have resisted when I felt him tug. But being the leg, it shot into the air, catapulting (?sp) haynet into the air like a football, nearly knocking OH flying, and I was dragged out of my scooter seat, baring my midriff, and scraping my back on the base of the scooter, and giving myself whiplash by over flexing my neck in the seat on the way down, and then head went backwards when it reached the base of the scooter. I don't know if any of this is making any sense.....but I now have:

-a scraped back
- whiplash
-sore hands and bottom, from the landing
-All the aboved names parts of my anatomy are wet and icy.
-And above all.......MY PRIDE IS MORTALLY WOUNDED!! :eek: :eek:

BUT.......as it's the season of cheer......I shall not complain.....I shall pour myself a glass of something nice, and I will permit you all to have a giggle.
Pity we didn't have a camera handy for You've been Framed.....£250 would have made it worth it!!!......Now WHERE did the rest of those Quality Streets go???????????????????:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Much sympathies! And I bet your husband is mortally wounded as well :D

If I was you, I'd recover with sherry in the tea, with plenty refills, and good luck to you if you're looking for the coffee-flavoured Quality Street sweets....

oh. poor you; i hope you are not really sore now. good you can see the funny side of it; gives a whole new meaning to the term "a bit of a knees up" doesnt it?

Here we go round the mulberry bush!!!!

Grapey eml???..........................Ohhhhhhh! You mean Schloeur don't you?? Of course!!:p

Well, today I'm much better, just stiff. But not too stiff to ride Max. Have first para test at Aintree on February 3rd, and some hard work to do before then, so it's serious practice, practice,practice til then. Shall be a right regular contortionist if I can wriggle my way into trotting 10m circles. Sounds easy doesn't it?? Or at least very manageably average?? Hmmmm, before I had a very weak side and balance issues it probably was.....now it's somewhat entertaining trying to get it right.:rolleyes:....especially the change of rein as you make it into a figure of 8!!!:p

Never mind.....we can do it.......with loads of practice!! At least, I think, hope and pray we can. Max will teach me.:);)

I didnt mean to but i couldnt help it, I promise i only laughed a little bit

Oh dear Monty - I do get what you're saying, the injuries are bad enough but its the INDIGNITY of it all! Hope you feel better soon and its a medically documented fact that staying drunk until after new year will allow you to heal without noticing your pain :D I think you should try it!

Very rarely are you NOT allowed to giggle at my mishaps. In fact perhaps I should put it in line with the reforms the welsh assembly government are about to introduce on organ donation.......You can ASSUME you are allowed to giggle, unless I tell you otherwise!! Yes....that would work. You MAY giggle, unless I have declared to the contrary, or have told Chev that I have opted out. Until then....all giggles allowed. Just ignore me....it's that grapey stuff again!!;).

Yes eml,I'm doing it rising trot. I can, I can....I know I can, though it will be challenging! Just you wait til February, I think you'll see a very different rider to the one you saw last year. And a much happier horse/rider partnership.

newrider.com