Tell Me About Your Western Horses!!

Here are some more pictures of TJ, my paint gelding...
Me on him...he really isent a barrel racing horse-he was trained and shown in western pleasure..but we do barrels with him sometimes anyways
IMG_1651.jpg

My friend riding him....
IMG_1638.jpg

Last edited:
I dont own a western pleasure horse, but i do school one for my trainer. She is about 15hh QH and around 19. She is very sweet and always has her ears forward. She is low and slow. She shows in Pleasure and Horsemanship and always places 1st or 2nd. I dont have a good pic of her now, but i will try to get one.

Hi, I don't think I can post a picture...I'll try later when my mom can help, lol. However, I can tell you about my horse. He is an arabian gelding, 8 years old. He is light gray, and my best buddy! He was my lesson horse for two years and when he was up for sale I was crushed. (my parents made it clear buying a horse was out of the question) Then about a MONTH later they surprised me by buying him! His name is CCA Kalibuca but I call him KB. ;) much easier, lol.

PS.Hi, I feel kinda wierd since I have no idea who you are, but...Amattox3 you said your husband was in Iraq. I just wanted to say that if he was over there fighting in the war that I appreciate his services to our country. No need to respond, I ust wanted to say thanks to a soldier who has been fighting for our freedom. (Sorry if he isn't a soldier, I didn't meen to bother you!) :rolleyes:

I just posted a link to pics of my QH mare in the cafe area.
" Pics of my mare "
She is looking good after being off for nearly 10 weeks.
We are back up to speed now.
Took her rehab really slowly and it seems to be doing the trick.

I dont own a horse but i ride western. so here in sir willam he is a 15.2 hand Quarter Horse and thar is my neice riding him. he is really sweet. the best. he walks slow but when you do anything that is a trot or above he is really quick.
to see a pic go to www.frappr.com/horseperson1993he is a geiding about 8ish. he is a lesson horse. one of the best. he has hoof problems but he is doing much better.

Last edited:
We have a 3 year old dun mustang gelding, although he's being trained for hunter/jumper!

He is like a puppy-dog and totally loves our daughter. He recently travelled to a local show (just for the experience, not to compete). My husband and daughter got to the show facility and were looking all over for him. What they didn't know was that he'd been clipped and so were of course looking for the hairy little monster, since they hadn't seen him with his new hair-do. Finally he must have been fed up with them walking up and down the aisle past him so he stuck his nose as far out of the stall to say "look over here guys, it's me!".

ps the picture shows how he looked before his extreme makeover...

Attachments

• Hannah and Django.jpg
    Hannah and Django.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 3
I've got 2 horses that were bred for western. One was imported from the Us and she is called Hotroddin Sabina. She is riding 4 and I think she is beautifu. We are going to do Pleasure classes. She is bossy with other horses, but generally nice with humas- unless she is in season, when she can be a typical mare:D Seen in thumbnail

My other youngster (who I will soon sell as I need an older horse for my son to ride is called Chips R Blazing. She is a 2 year old filly. Very bold and beautiful. Seen here as a yearling.
IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Attachments

• Sabina Iron.jpg
    Sabina Iron.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 4
  • head shot of sabina.jpg
    head shot of sabina.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hello sabinaqh

You say you imported a QH from the states? I've just been looking into this as I'd really love to have a QH.

BUT my RI/YO says that they have terrible problems with their feet?! All the QH's she has known have had this problem?!

I have spoken to John Parker transport (they are based down here in Kent where I live) and they are quoting about 4K to even bring the horse in *eek*

Also I have heard a terrible story of someone who bought a horse unseen from the states which turned out to have all sorts of problems (even though throughly vetted) and they had had to resort to litigation in the states.

How did you bring yours in? Sorry If I'm being nosy :)

Here's the website for AQHA UK.

http://www.aqha.uk.com/

It might be a good place to find some info about breeders there. I know that reining is really gaining in exposure and I suspect that England would have a strong program. Check em out and attend some shows.

Here's our herd, 3qh, 1paint, 1 appy,

39xxxx.jpg

My main girl,

39xxx.jpg

helping with my "up and comer",

39xx.jpg

The greys a three year old now. This is the year we get to know each other a bit better. Wish me luck, :)

Have fun, be safe

Jack

Hi Greymane,
I've PM'd you. It's true that some have poor feet, but not all. Mine have excellent feet (Sabina had good feet when she arrived here). I'm fussy about good feet as I prefer my horses to be kept barefoot.

We currently have 3 QHs. Cisco is a 6 yr old cow bred chestnut gelding. I do Ranch Versatality competitions and trail riding with him.

turkeyFeathersClose.jpg

Cider is a 12 year old buckskin from Driftwood ranch horse breeding. He was originally a heading horse. My OH does Ranch Versatality competitions and trail riding with him.

cider.jpg

Snuffy is a 7 year old cow bred grey gelding. He was originally a heeling horse. My OH does Ranch Versatality competitions and trail riding with him.

newrider.com