Tell me I'm mad:-)

tikkitti

Mar 8, 2015
Today I've put a deposit on a 2 year old. He's 2 year old recently been gelded, standing about 14.2hh to hopefully make 15.2ish. He's nice not had a lot of handling and didn't plan on getting one at all, but was window shopping last night and felt really drawn to him, he was about a hour away so went to see him today and well despite being a little nervy he enjoys a good itch :D. So we are now friends, his old owners were lovely and were sad to let him go. X

Ok 'tikkitti you are MAD' there you go :D not that it makes any difference, if that's what you want and you can afford it why not :) look forward to hearing all about him and whats his name and more importantly where's the photo's?

Once he arrives I will post photos, he doesn't have a stable name yet but will do soon. I do feel rather mad:D, I said no more youngsters and yet here we go again:rolleyes: I'm very lucky not to be in livery though, I just hope he works out well and ideally makes15.2hh. He may be my last youngster/horse but I've said that before:D although he's a gelding and I do tend to click with geldings, I don't plan on rushing him though he's a nice mw build, and underneath that nervy baby exterior I suspect there's lots of potential;). x

Hmmm.... this year we bought not one but TWO yearlings! Your ONE has already got a year on our TWO!

Who's the mad one????? :p

Pics???

Reactions: tikkitti
I'm too impatient to have a yearling although have seen some lovely ones about:D He is coming tomorrow or Tuesday and as soon as he arrives I will get some pics, his ad has disappeared so I can't pinch a pic from there. Now I will stress until he grows a bit, however as long as he's 15hh I will be happy but 15.2hh would be ideal. :) X​

Reactions: orbvalley
After having a sleep on it this will be my last youngster, I'm nearly 38 and TBH have a bad right arm( pinned plated) and bad left shoulder, I hate the idea of ever not riding or so I don't plan on stopping as I got a pony when I was 2 so can't imagine life without them. My dales youngster we broke a few years ago is doing brilliantly and the lady ( who took him on loan for herself to ride/show runs a equestrian centre and has approached me to ask if I may consider her purchasing him so now I have to decide whether to let him go:()I hate selling, I hate parting with mine, I don't particularly like loaning and I'm sooooo fussy when I do loan( especially after the carry on with our Darty) I'm extremely lucky I'm not at livery as it allows me to be fussy:D This may be my future jumping horse I so miss (my current boy who's not going anywhere! ) does RC and will pop 90 track ( he's just not 100% consistent at that height) but would struggle more than a single if it were higher, and I have a couple of years to wait so this may be a 40 birthday prezzie to me:p:D;) x

Reactions: orbvalley
After having a sleep on it this will be my last youngster, I'm nearly 38 and TBH have a bad right arm( pinned plated) and bad left shoulder, I hate the idea of ever not riding or so I don't plan on stopping as I got a pony when I was 2 so can't imagine life without them. My dales youngster we broke a few years ago is doing brilliantly and the lady ( who took him on loan for herself to ride/show runs a equestrian centre and has approached me to ask if I may consider her purchasing him so now I have to decide whether to let him go:()I hate selling, I hate parting with mine, I don't particularly like loaning and I'm sooooo fussy when I do loan( especially after the carry on with our Darty) I'm extremely lucky I'm not at livery as it allows me to be fussy:D This may be my future jumping horse I so miss (my current boy who's not going anywhere! ) does RC and will pop 90 track ( he's just not 100% consistent at that height) but would struggle more than a single if it were higher, and I have a couple of years to wait so this may be a 40 birthday prezzie to me:p:D;) x
Nearly 38, you are a mere spring chicken. I cannot call you mad as I bought an untrained baby, from another country, on the strength of a couple of videos. I have metal plates and broken bones, but have a lot more years on you. I have to confess it did cross my mind that maybe buying a 3yo, unseen was a bit daft at my age. But as it is he has been a godsend, The most sensible and kind baby I have EVER owned.
Good luck with him

My current ride I bought unseen from a field on the strength of a photo (unridden) he had been advertised a long time and kept tugging on my heart strings, he is and always will have a special place in my heart and I can't ever imagine parting with him. He was a bit of a challenge initially but now he's settled he's turned into a real gem. I suppose at least I viewed this one:D he's lemon and white btw. X

Reactions: Gimp and Kite_Rider
Sorry for the lack of legs but kept saying the file was too large yet could upload without legs, lol. :D:Dx

Will get better pics soon, these don't do him justice but he was a lovely boy and im very happy to welcome him to our herd. He's apart from the others atm but will meet them in a few weeks but fidget ( our little grasscutter) will be his companion. X

Reactions: Trewsers
He is absolutely beautiful!!! definitely not mad at all, only human as no normal person could walk away from a beauty like him! his face looks so honest too x

Reactions: tikkitti
newrider.com