Tempting Fate.....Should I?!

Flipo's Mum

Heavy owner of a Heavy
Aug 17, 2009
Perthshire, Scotland
Well somehow a work colleague and I ended up talking horses today (wonder how that could happen hehe!) and he asked what would my horse do if I fell off. I said he'd likely run back to the field and we had a discussion about liability if something bad happens on the roads etc. (of course, we work in insurance).
Now I feel jinxed and a bit apprehensive about going for a ride tonight. Should I?! Or shall we just have a wee pamper session instead? Where's my 'man-up' balls when I need them?!

Know this feeling I would say go for it as I always feel great when I just think right I'm doing it but I also know how hard shaking that feeling is!

I had to click on this thread as soon as I read the title because I use 'fate' as an excuse not to do things. My life used to be so small. Now if 'fate' kicks in then I do it, but do with the view of staying within my comfort zone. This means I do something, which is better than nothing, but invariably makes me realise I had nothing to fear and I do more than I thought I would. That makes me feel great.

Lol, I wish that were the case Tina, but the theory was tested a couple of years back and sadly, flipo doesn't hang about, he will make a beeline for his field no matter where we are. I would have thought that the stronger our relationship got, the more likely he would be to hang about if I fell off, but I don't think that will ever happen now. He's one of those horses that no matter how much we work on our confidence together, if i fall off, he'd freak and make a dash for safety. Not good!

I know what you mean about the tempting fate thing! I sometimes see "signs" that aren't there (or are they?!) and end up jinxing myself and having a really pants ride! Or worse, not bothering! lol
Sounds silly when I admit to it - my excuse is I am a spooky person!!! lol

I know what you mean about the tempting fate thing! I sometimes see "signs" that aren't there (or are they?!) and end up jinxing myself and having a really pants ride! Or worse, not bothering! lol
Sounds silly when I admit to it - my excuse is I am a spooky person!!! lol

I am terrible for seeing 'signs' - single magpies freak me out if I see a few of them (not together obv or then they wouldn't be single magpies.) I blame it on my job - I work on a supernatural magazine!

Then again, there ARE signs that I shouldn't ignore, for example if my normally quiet horse is jumping about like a loon before I even get on her. That means she's going to be a loon when I'm on her, too!

Oh brilliant - what an exciting job - I had aspirations to become a magazine writer many years ago.

I do love it, it's never dull! I've worked for lots of women's mags but I've been fascinated with ghosts and the supernatural since I was little so this job's ideal for me really. If I wasn't on there, I'd want to write for a cookery magazine -those and horse magazines are the only ones I actually buy these days.

newrider.com