Testing New Kavalkade Dressage Girth

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
We are currently trying out this girth.

The cob has expanded somewhat and our usual c girth by Torsion is now too short. This also means due to the shape it isn't sitting as it did in the girth groove.

The photo shows it without excess in the keepers because i was leading her out and left it optional as to if i needed to adjust or reposition the saddle.

So far we have ridden in the school, walk and trot. Also over over trotting poles and one mini mini raised cross pole. We have had the odd spook and so far nothing has moved.

The girth is made by a company in Germany and is air filled. I would add to the web if i could find a link to the makers and not who stocks them.

2012-08-09143552-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Washes well and dries quick.
We discovered that after going through the woods. It is better than it has been in recent years, the farmer has put ditch in as his land kept flooding.
We were filthy though. :giggle:

Bumping this thread up.

Does anyone actually know where you can get these in the UK apart from importing from Germany?

It is the "soft air"

Last edited:
Can't see pic but would say that hills will be your best test for moving - also mounting from a slight bank, but pretty much from the floor will also tell you.

I don't choose to mount from the floor, but we frequently have gates that drag on the ground that we have to go through, so as friend can't get back on from the ground, I tend to have to and that for me is the best test of saddle fit and girth.

newrider.com