TGIF! Weekend Plans?

Lissie

Jan 18, 2016
It's Friday :D

What have you all got planned for the weekend?

I'm just schooling Charlie tomorrow might give the boys a bath if it's warm enough. I might be going to Shrewsbury prison on Saturday night for a ghost hunt haha :p I'm a non believer but open to the fact there could be something, well maybe. Anyone got any ghostly experience's?
No plans for Sunday yet.

@Lissie how cool is a ghost hunt?!!! Ooooooh let us know what happens! I always fancied doing a ghost walk whenever OH and I stayed in York. I definitely think there is something.....(insert x files theme tune here:p:D) whether it be ghostly or alien......
I'm bathing Chloe - with mite wash later today. She had a bath yesterday but showed me what she thought of it by rolling immediately afterwards in the arena:confused:
Going to be spending the majority of the weekend finishing boxing up in the tack room and deciding what I am keeping and what's going. I thought I'd been quite ruthless but I still seem to have waaaaay too much stuff......:rolleyes:

@Lissie how cool is a ghost hunt?!!! Ooooooh let us know what happens! I always fancied doing a ghost walk whenever OH and I stayed in York. I definitely think there is something.....(insert x files theme tune here:p:D) whether it be ghostly or alien......
I'm bathing Chloe - with mite wash later today. She had a bath yesterday but showed me what she thought of it by rolling immediately afterwards in the arena:confused:
Going to be spending the majority of the weekend finishing boxing up in the tack room and deciding what I am keeping and what's going. I thought I'd been quite ruthless but I still seem to have waaaaay too much stuff......:rolleyes:

I have been on one before we went to the house in Pontefract that's meant to be one of the most haunted in the UK, was only a small group of 6 of us but nothing happened. The heating wasn't working so we left around 12pm, the person who organises the haunts/tours was streaming it live on his phone though and after we went spirits did come through, they asked if they wouldn't come though because of me and my OH who are not believers and the glass moved to yes. They also asked if they meant me harm and it went to yes!! Which was really weird! But can't believe in anything until I've seen it with my own eyes.

I feel like there's something odd in my OH's house, it is a very old property that used to be a funeral place! But I had an odd feeling before I knew this, nothing bad just something there, it's hard to explain :rolleyes:

Aha my boys love that trick especially with being grey! I've sold quite a few things since I moved I no longer need.

It's my long suffering boyfriends birthday this weekend so I'm quite busy. Working today then dinner tonight. Working tomorrow then present wrapping and cake making then we are going out for a quick drink and then he's off out partying with his friends whilst I get an early ish night for work (how exciting) I'm working Sunday too but starting as early as possible so I can hopefully leave a little earlier for a meal round his with his family and general celebrations.

So 5am starts, late nights and the usual cycling, looking after ale and hopefully riding my lovely share horse on my lunch break on Sunday. And then up at 4.30 Monday for work and a 49mile bike ride afterwards. Ahhhh.

It's my long suffering boyfriends birthday this weekend so I'm quite busy. Working today then dinner tonight. Working tomorrow then present wrapping and cake making then we are going out for a quick drink and then he's off out partying with his friends whilst I get an early ish night for work (how exciting) I'm working Sunday too but starting as early as possible so I can hopefully leave a little earlier for a meal round his with his family and general celebrations.

So 5am starts, late nights and the usual cycling, looking after ale and hopefully riding my lovely share horse on my lunch break on Sunday. And then up at 4.30 Monday for work and a 49mile bike ride afterwards. Ahhhh.

Make sure you eat properly, that's a hectic schedule!

I have been on one before we went to the house in Pontefract that's meant to be one of the most haunted in the UK, was only a small group of 6 of us but nothing happened. The heating wasn't working so we left around 12pm, the person who organises the haunts/tours was streaming it live on his phone though and after we went spirits did come through, they asked if they wouldn't come though because of me and my OH who are not believers and the glass moved to yes. They also asked if they meant me harm and it went to yes!! Which was really weird! But can't believe in anything until I've seen it with my own eyes.

I feel like there's something odd in my OH's house, it is a very old property that used to be a funeral place! But I had an odd feeling before I knew this, nothing bad just something there, it's hard to explain :rolleyes:

Aha my boys love that trick especially with being grey! I've sold quite a few things since I moved I no longer need.

Ooooh, how weird! I've visited a few haunted houses but didn't feel anything in the parts of the houses we were meant to. Until we visited Salmesbury Hall and my mum and me felt really dizzy and off colour in one of the rooms. Afterwards when we got home we read through the guide book and it was where a priest had been murdered:eek:it definitely had bad vibes - yet my dad who was with us felt nothing.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom

Wow Ale that's a busy weekend! My OH is always happy I buy a cake rather than bake one aha :p:rolleyes:

49 mile bike ride :eek: woah! You must be really fit, my legs wouldn't be able to hold me after that! I once did a 24 mile bike ride and thought I was the next Bradley Wiggins :p

Ooooh, how weird! I've visited a few haunted houses but didn't feel anything in the parts of the houses we were meant to. Until we visited Salmesbury Hall and my mum and me felt really dizzy and off colour in one of the rooms. Afterwards when we got home we read through the guide book and it was where a priest had been murdered:eek:it definitely had bad vibes - yet my dad who was with us felt nothing.

It does intrigue me! It's my OH's boss who organises these tours/haunts and he loves it. Does make me think why go to all the effort, money if it isn't real but until I experience it myself I can't believe.

In the house at Pontefract the was a spirit box (it goes through all the channels really quickly creating white noise, which supposedly they can speak through) , I said is there anyone there who wants to speak to us and clear as day there was a "Yes" you should of seen my face! My name was said as well :confused: but that wasn't as clear. I do have a very close family member that passed away and does make you think, as any spirit can come through apparently not just the ones who have a connection to the place. Who knows ay!

I'm a non believer but open to the fact there could be something, well maybe. Anyone got any ghostly experience's?

OMG your going to love it!!
We did a ghost tour in Plymouth Ma for my birthday last year.
We have gone to some Halloween attractions Hammond Castle and the Salem ghost ship but that was
all theatrical stuff for halloween.
This was awesome!!! it was a lovely summer nite and the woman that took you on the tour
was amazing you walk around with oil lanterns
she had an amazing knowledge of the history of Plymouth and photos of things people had gotten on film
LOL the best was when we got into the dark cemetary with these little lanterns and she Let out a
screech and laugh like the witch in the wizard of OZ and said ILL GET YOU MY PRETTY
OMG everyone jumped out of their skin!!
There was a spot that a girl looked for her lost love and sometimes orbs are around men there
My husband and another man did not get orbs but omg we told this young guy to go stand up there with them
AND HE GOT LOTS OF ORBS lol he was too cute he was so embarrassed

There were 2 versions of the walk - just the walk or for a little bit more money you also go into 2
haunted houses = we went for the deluxe and went to the haunted houses too.

It was sooooooooooooooooo awesome and SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
much fun.

You will have a great time.

I'm hoping to pick up my new trailer. :D:D:):)
Thats my big thing for the weekend;)

Reactions: Trewsers
Tonight I will be narrowing the track down in the hopes of getting Jess and Hank back out and about (he's been confined to a little paddock next to hers since she went in or she worries about him), then I'd like to drive Hank if I have the daylight for it. Tomorrow I have G to ride in the morning, after I've done my 2's breakfast run, then I will try Jess' new saddle on her (yesterday I got a 16" thorogood with adjustable gullet for 20 quid for my friends daughter to ride in) and I really ought to start mowing my winter paddock (trying to thicken up the sward) and I will walk Jess and drive Hank. In the evening I'm going to see friends. On sunday I will do whatever I didn't get round to at the horses on Saturday and then if Jess looks sound enough D will come over and ride her and drive Hank with me. The rest of the day will be doing housework and getting ready to come back to work on Monday :(

Reactions: MrA
More electric fencing tomorrow - including creating a long thin fatty paddock for Albi - and working Sunday as employers are having a posh lunch. This doesn't happen very often and I get paid extra - but I still resent giving up ny weekend time. I dont have to be over there until but I can never enjoy the morning as I clock watch :(

Lissie - are you near Shrewsbury as I'm not far either?

@Ale your plans always make me feel exhausted!

I am on the rota for Sunday so that day is out. Maybe get out on Ziggy tomorrow. Admin, billing, weeding, the thrills are endless!

Wow Ale that's a busy weekend! My OH is always happy I buy a cake rather than bake one aha :p:rolleyes:

49 mile bike ride :eek: woah! You must be really fit, my legs wouldn't be able to hold me after that! I once did a 24 mile bike ride and thought I was the next Bradley Wiggins :p

I just choose routes with lots of downhill bits :p

Tomorrow. I am hoping. I say that very loosely! To get up early and see sox before going back to bed! Trying to keep sox in his routine. The house work and chilling really. Might spend some time with sox :) Sunday up early to bring sox in before going to work . Then after work popping back to the yard to turn sox out.

Had my boyfriend complaining tonight because I don't have enough time for him,yet still feel guilty about leaving Ale earlier than usual to see him, just can't keep everyone happy and I'm sick of feeling guilty all the time!! More hours in the day would be nice.

I agree, more hours in a day would be perfect!
I have a lesson at 10am this morning, then I have to come home a do some more decorating in the kitchen. Saturday night is flopping in front of TV with Hubby.
Long hack planned for Sunday ( depending on how hard Star worked in lesson ) more decorating, then packing for holiday!!! Only a few days in Northumberland but a full week off work. Really looking forward to staying in bed 'late' - read 8am. Last time I got up later than 7am was December 21st!

@Ale I need a nap after reading your weekend plans!!

@Lissie I've done a ghost walk here in edinburgh before. In what is called the vaults. I never felt anything spooky tho. Hoping to do Mary Kings Close in the half term holiday. (It's a buried Street here that was blocked off due to the plague with people still in it!! -thats possibly an urban myth! -It is exactly as it was in the 17th Century just a bit dusty!)

This weekend I will be, schooling Peds this morning then taking my niece to her riding lesson then family bbq this afternoon. Tomorrow I'm chumming a friend to a show in the morning and my jump poles are getting delivered!! Hopefully squeeze in a hack at some point too :)

I REALLY can't wait for next Saturday because I am off so I intend to spend about 6 hours on my bike and then the rest of the day with ale and eating ha :D

newrider.com