that's much better..

Befnee's Hero

Jul 1, 2009
Somerset
I've not ridden now for almost 2 months as I'm 13 weeks pregnant and aside from worrying about falling off, I have been feeling crap with the aptly named 'morning' sickness (which happens to last all day so don't be fooled by the 'morning' word if you're yet to have kids!)

So this Sunday, after moaning about not riding for ages and missing my boys like crazy OH told me if I wanted to get on, just get on and do it... so I did. P.s I did this after speaking to my midwife who told me it would be benefical for me to ride, just wait for the days I feel well.

I tacked up Hero and took him into our field that's just been cleared of hay and had a pootle round. It was windy, tipping it down with rain, and Hero was pretty spritely..but to put it elegantly I was like a pig in s*!t, grinning away on him.

After he'd chilled out a little bit more I had a little trot, and did a few circles and changes of rein, and then waddled back in pretty chuffed with myself.

It seems so silly that before finding out I was pregnant I was so fixated on getting my boys in perfect outlines, working on shoulder in's and the perfect canter tempo, and now I can be so delighted with my horse pootling with his head in the air in walk and trotting about in random circles. I don't know when I'll get back on again, but my boys are happy grazing in the field and not bothered whether their ridden or not. Just nice to enjoy being on them with out having any silly goals in my head for every time I ride. Just thought I'd share lol.

Such a lovely post! I can see your smile from here!!!

Glad you enjoyed yourself, and it's lovely that you were able to chill out and enjoy pottering around :biggrin:

Sounds like you had a lovely time. Have you tried eating a biscuit before you get out of bed and eat little and often to keep sickness at bay.

Its prob not what you feel like but even if its something small. Ginger biscuits are meant to be good as ginger can help with the sickness. I found it helped.

I make OH bring me tea and toast with my anti sickness tablets every morning before I even consider leaving the bed lol. I'm still hoping it tails off soon as I'm in the 2nd trimester now but I know nothings guarenteed.

I can't wait to get back on but at the moment I feel like poo, and can't imagine leaving the house let alone riding.

newrider.com