Thats the girls moved to their summer field now, **LONG**

WeeBarraxO

May 20, 2008
Glasgow
well Yesterday (friday) I was going up to head out for a hack with the other lady I field share with .. I got there and she says "do you know where we are hacking too" ... No ... "the summer field!" ... so that was a surprise LOL

we though we would give it a go .. if we make it we go the full way .. if not we can turn back and they will get picked up today (saturday) .. but we made it without any probs at all .. Petri took the lead and was a clever girly :dance:

got them up there .. we were expecting some excitement .. but we got ... plod plod .. head down "GRASSSSSS" .. LOL ..

so we wandered over the the field over the road where the ladies other horse has been over winter and brought her over to put in with our girls .. then we did get some excitment .. the new girl (freya) took a double barrel from Petri :help:, then they all hooled around for a while .. then they settled got their feed while we fixed up all the fencing

then I got to meet the "neighbours" .. the lady and man who lives in the house right next to our field and the man who live in the next house down,

then today we headed up again and I took Petri out a little walk round the shorter hack, didn't want to do too much as it was a long hack up yesterday and they were hooling around .. so just a nice walk round letting her see her new hacking area, and well she was all on her toes ears stuck forward having a good old snort at all the new sights :giggle:, and she kept calling out every wee while, was really cute :angel:

but while we were up today I ended up meeting someone else I used to be on my old yard with who has just bought her horse back and is keeping her in the field next to ours .. such a small small world .. so I will have a hacking buddy once she gets her girl back in shape yayy :dance:, also met the ladies who keep their horses in the field across from us who also will want some company hacking as they are new to the area so want shown some of the hacking .. and you see where we have moved to is where I spent my whole younger horsey life, so I know all the hacking routes :dance:

well if you got to the end of all that have a great big glass of your favourite tipple

or if you would rather have some cookies :angel:

Well done Petri being a good girl on moving fields.:smug:
How very exciting the summer months are going to be for you and Petri now you have others around you (not to mention building you new social circle of like minded horsey people) Perfect:dance::dance:

Sounds like you and Petri are heading for a great summer, lots of new friends, human and equine :dance:

Have fun exploring your old hacking routes. :biggrin:

Well done Petri being a good girl on moving fields.:smug:
How very exciting the summer months are going to be for you and Petri now you have others around you (not to mention building you new social circle of like minded horsey people) Perfect:dance::dance:

thank you :D, yeah I am really looking forward to the summer :D, plans for winter may have also changed completely .. but will keep that quiet for now as nothing is set in stone yet :happy:

and yeah I may eventually have some horsey friends :biggrin:

Sounds like you and Petri are heading for a great summer, lots of new friends, human and equine :dance:

Have fun exploring your old hacking routes. :biggrin:

yup, I may eventually have some horsey friends again yayyy :dance:, such a small world that is me the lady I field share with and her daughter and one of my old close friends now all back together as field neighbours :dance: we all used to be on the same yard you see .. now this was 5-6 years ago since we have all been together then yesterday we found out we are all neighbours again lol

it also now means I won't need to hack up to the show on my own as we are all wanting to go now :dance:

I can't wait to get out a proper hack, explore all my old routes, it was like a trip down memory lane on our little hack yesterday, nothing has changed much either

An action packed and fun filled summer ahead for you and Petri by the sounds of it. It is wonderful to have good hacking buddies nearby, your summer field is in the perfect location to meet up, you must be really chuffed.

Yaye!! Brilliant! Sounds like you're gonna have plenty of hacking buddies and a great time this summer. Glad it went well getting there - what a good horse you have.

An action packed and fun filled summer ahead for you and Petri by the sounds of it. It is wonderful to have good hacking buddies nearby, your summer field is in the perfect location to meet up, you must be really chuffed.

yeah its great :D, where our summer field is is majorly horsey, there is a few yards about and where our field is there is LOADS of fields that get rented out to horsey people, whereas at the winter field .. it was just us .. there was one other horsey field along the road but they kept themselves to themselves .. so I was alway on my own .. hacking out on my own etc :( ..

but where we are now theres LOTS of horsey people and they all love hacking etc so yayyy :dance:

Yaye!! Brilliant! Sounds like you're gonna have plenty of hacking buddies and a great time this summer. Glad it went well getting there - what a good horse you have.

thank you :D, yeah I was VERY proud of her :cloud9:, gotta love little Petri pony, and all the new people who met her yesterday and day before have fell in love with her too :happy:, and they can't believe she is almost 17 .. they all though she was a baby lol, so I must be doing something right eh :biggrin:

can't wait to get out hacking .. its been so long since I have had anyone to hack out with and I get so bored hacking out on my own ALL the time.. don't get me wrong I will still be doing solo hacking as I do like it, but will be good to have some company sometimes :dance:

Yippeee such a good girly!! sounds like you two are going to have an awesome summer :dance:

yep I am sooo proud, she never even flinched when a motorbike was right up her behind .. silly man was lucky he wasn't booted of his motorbike .. but nope she was very clever and just kept on going :happy:

so nice when they bring out their brave side, I'll need to pop over and meet the lovely lady one day, you can't be that far from me :biggrin:

Sounds like your going to have a fab summer MM! :biggrin:

I am slightly disapointed on the lack of photos Missy :wink: I wana see Petri pony pics pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :giggle:

newrider.com