The boiled sweets finally won

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
I have a passion for boiled sweets and always have done. I love nothing more than a bag of chocolate limes, blackcurrent and liquice, yorkshire mix and of course my beloved tangy haribo. But finally it has caught up with me.

I have slowly been loosing one tooth for years the the dentist has repaired as best he can but this time he said no more the tooth has to go :( So for the last couple of months I have been back and fore getting bits or work done to prep for the removal and bridge that will be fitted. I am not great with the dentist and nearly also freak out. But the RAF guy has been amazing.

Yesterday I went in for the final part the actual tooth removal and the bridge fitting. I have to say I did not feel a thing at all and a hour later I walked out with a lovely new tooth. very happy BUT as the pain relief started to wear off it started to hurt a little.

Normally I would not mind but OH and I were going to see Take That at the O2 that night. So armed with a load of drugs and yes I admit a pint or two of beer I got throught the evening pain free.

This morning no pain at all even been for a good run and weight session. I am still avioding eating on that side and I am ashamed to say it has not stopped me from eating my beloved sweets.

Oh poor you. Well, least the worst bit is over. I would be feeling very sorry for myself indeed! Lol to the boiled sweeties!:D Yes, lager is a great sore tooth anesthetiser:p A good dentist can work wonders though and it sounds like yours is grand. It will get better and settle down I'm sure.

Ah ha chocolate limes! I have an implant bridge as well and am not a sweet eater so it's partly luck I guess... Glad you are on the mend.

Loathe chocolate limes (chocolate - tick, lime flavoured boiled sweets - tick; put them together? Bleuch.) But with you all the way on Blackcurrant and licorice and Tangfastics. Hope your tooth settles. I hate toothache :-(

Glad it didnt cause too much trouble for your night out. As for sweeties, my dentist has banned me from eating toffee. I had a horrible habit of pulling my crown off at one time. :)

Reactions: Trewsers
I have atrocious teeth, had a root canal at 23 and already have zillions of fillings. But I have soft teeth apparently, but I also love sweets, terrible combo.

My dad has awful teeth too, but my mum and brother both have perfect sets!!

I have atrocious teeth, had a root canal at 23 and already have zillions of fillings. But I have soft teeth apparently, but I also love sweets, terrible combo.

My dad has awful teeth too, but my mum and brother both have perfect sets!!
Ale I have soft teeth too. All mine are pretty much filled even though I take care of them and I love sweets I can leave chocolate but not swwets

I have awful teeth, apparently because I was brought up with soft spring water in Scotland, coupled with clenching my teeth as a child /teenager. I have fillings, crowns,bridges, post crowns etc and it is like a Forth Road bridge, get one right and another needs attention. I daren't eat sweets as crowns /bridges are easily damaged.

I also have a terrible bite, my front teeth don't meet which makes eating sandwiches pretty difficult haha. I hate my teeth and have a lot of fillings, I also hate going to the dentist, but last time I left my toothache ended up with a huge abscess in agony.

newrider.com