The car is a loaded weapon

Dinsarsio

Aug 16, 2006
Wrexham North Wales
www.freewebs.com
After spending a lovely day hacking out with my friends cooling the horses off,we were met by a car trying to ram us off the road from behind.There wasn`t enough room.so two hoodies in a lttle low sports car(you know the type)proceeded to rev the engine sound the horn put the foot down and tried to ram the horses.A pedestrian was coming the other way and witnessed in disbelief.All of us were shouting to tell them to wait and back off until we got to a safe passing place.But no they sreeched past us pushing all the horses in the hedge.I caught his wing mirror with my foot.We all took the reg no of the car and called the police.
I was a nervous wreck i felt like a jelly fish.Brought back memories of my hit and run accident 3 years ago.
The police called back said there was no such reg no,half an hour later the same car was crashed half a mile a way and set on fire:eek:

That sounds scary thankfully you and your horses managed very well. :) Sounds as though those idiots were truelly out to do some damage. :mad:

Im am so pleased I can park Captain's deriere in the middle of the road and he isnt phased by an artic lorry with his air horn on. :D

What a dreadful experience for you and your friends unfortunately though this type of behaviour is not limited to joy riders (luckily our local petrol heads are very considerate to horses, love their cars too much!) But I was hit by a car the other week which was being driven by a man in in his late 50's maybe a little older simply because he could not wait 30-secs for the on coming car to pass first, so insisted on trying to squeeze past me and my horse, proceeding to hit my leg with his wing mirror in the meantime.

Unfortunately I did not get the reg, as I was alone and no-one witnessed it.

Luckily no-one was badly hurt, except for your foot which I hope did hurt too much and that it hasn't damaged any of the horses confidences on the road or stop you from hacking out.

That gives young drivers a reputation. I am so sorry to hear of your awful experience. I hope the police are going to do something about those bloody boys in hoodies. Are you and your horses alright? Pray to God that won't happen again.

A friend had a mare who used to kick out at cars that got too close like that, she took the bumper and all that plastic skirting stuff off the front of one car.. Whose driver called messers plod.......who nicked him for getting too close to the horse in the first place :D :D

blimey glad your ok, how awful... sounds like a stolen car full of chavs....:mad:

That sounds awful, hope your ok!!
I had a similar thing also but it was a flatbed transit with one of those big blue trampalines flat on the back of it. It was from the gypsy camp and they'd stolen it! All i remember is seeing it coming round the bend and seeing the underneath of it (i know a bit about cars and knew it was going quick) and thinking "there's no way that's guna slow down".

As they got to us they had lifted off the throttle but then they stuck the horns on turned AT us and accelerated. Me and my mate were so lucky not to be hit, Nimby really did get me out the way that day bless him - it all happened to fast for me!

It drives me mad when there's drivers like that it really does make you think!

newrider.com