The clean up and trying to find quality time with my horse..

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
Well circumstances and events have meant that it's been nearly a week since I last saw Shadow, preparing for the unknown, MIL's birthday party on Sat, sharer's day on Sun (pre-arranged, hindsight says I should have swapped days, but never thought I wouldn't get enough time to go and see him), then all the work in the flat has kept us at home for the last 3 days..
Today we're stuck in again (back at work so she's got until 1pm to turn up), waiting for the council lady to come and do an inspection, if she doesn't turn up, it will happen again tomo, so a bit stuck..
Sat, well we really need to get stuck in on the repair work on the flat, there's loads to do, but I'm determined to get a couple of hours with my boy come what may.. We're supposed to be going to the Work's bash, but have a feeling that's going to have to be dropped, we're going to be too knackered..
Now despite the weather constantly threatening to snow, it's held off, but the weather has still been appalling, I'm sat here in the front room, it's DARK, and blooming miserable out there..
So even if I could go to see him, it would just be grooming and cuddles, riding has been put on hold, and we've not got any ground work done due to so much going on at home..
He's on full livery, that I'm really thankful for right now, as if he'd still been on DIY, it really would have been a juggling act! I can't help but feel guilty for the lack of time I've spent with him this week, but everything right now is getting in the way!
I've had him 8 years, and we've quite a bond, and when I'm not there, he's a bag of mischief, he only dragged my sharer and her mother down the barn the other day, and when they put him back in, he had a tantrum, which is so not him.. He's never like that with me, always as good as gold, starting to wonder whether this set up actually suits him, please tell me to stop worrying about him, I know he's being well looked after, and I couldn't wish for better, but I sometimes think I don't deserve to own him, not being there everyday :frown:
The funny thing is though, he's just so forgiving, every time he see's me he gets so excited, maybe it's the realization that I haven't abandoned him, that's behind the excitement..
Sorry for the length of thread, I've got so much to say, and get off my chest, I don't think my Oh really understands the horse thing.. I also had to turn down an invite to see my Granddad this weekend.. Oh I feel so guilty..

Stop feeling guilty!lol. I go through this list:
Does your horse have any turnout?
Does he have equine company?
Does he have a comfortable rug / feed / haynet if necessary?
If the answer is yes then don't worry!
I know our Joe used to sulk when he didn't see much of OH - but then again, perhaps we imagined it......hehehheee. I know what it is like when time is short, but honestly, I think we miss them more than they miss us! Is he fairly used to your sharer then? I wouldn't think he is being mischievious because he's not seeing enough of you,more like simply winter has set in, and he's just getting sharp - well, in my humble opinion this is what happens! It must be something to do with the weather, cos even though madam gets turnout etc and I try not to vary the routine too much, she is still a handful!
(Hope youare getting back to normal at home btw!)

He's out everyday from half 9 til about 4, when the weathers bad, he comes in a bit earlier, always has haylage, and a nice bed waiting.. Tbh I don't think I'd make good company at the moment anyway, it's been really stressful here at home..
There's loads to do, re-panel the bathroom, and replace the bath's panels, as they're ruined.. re-paint every wall, box in skirting boards (we don't have proper ones this flat wan't designed with them in mind)...
Oh has just got the kitchen cupboards straight (the doors on the cupboard under the sink wouldn't shut and were wonky).. Neither of us want to go to work, it'll be chaos there too, with the new order we're making(Love heart shaped tins with mini love hearts in).. the boss will be cracking the whip..
The front room is almost there though, very little cosmetic work needing doing, we were going to re-decorate in there next year anyway, now it's been pushed further down the job list..
Thanks Trewsers :biggrin:

newrider.com