The cold nose thread

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
:p
Despite it only supposedly feeling like minus two here today I am frozen and my nose is really feeling it. It's windy so I think that's making it worse. Am wrapping up to go round to see the girls shortly. It really is unpleasant here today and I live in fear of my nose actually dropping off:D:p Not sure if I'm coming down with something though as OH is normally a wuss and he reckons it isn't too bad today. Hmm. Anyone else frozen? I can't face riding either - not in this wind. Not even in my bp for extra confidence!! The house feels extra drafty for some reason - there seems to be a breeze coming in through the beam gaps.....think I'm going to have to consider a warming lunch of fish, chips and peas. Well, the oven will help warm the kitchen won't it??!

Reactions: Kite_Rider and PePo
In contrast, my office is boiling - I'm sitting here in a strappy top & leggings. I'm usually freezing and came in wearing a sleeved tunic dress with a chunky cardigan over the top, but I've had to strip off. It makes me wonder if I'm coming down with something?!

I pull my buff up over my nose if it's cold, means I can still breathe but my nose is warm. I've been outside, faced putting up electric fencing in gale force winds and then come back in the house to hide till later when I have to try and get the horses back in the field and off the yard.

In contrast, my office is boiling - I'm sitting here in a strappy top & leggings. I'm usually freezing and came in wearing a sleeved tunic dress with a chunky cardigan over the top, but I've had to strip off. It makes me wonder if I'm coming down with something?!

Hope you aren't coming down with something - I think there are lots of pesky cold germs still hanging about!

I pull my buff up over my nose if it's cold, means I can still breathe but my nose is warm. I've been outside, faced putting up electric fencing in gale force winds and then come back in the house to hide till later when I have to try and get the horses back in the field and off the yard.

I really must buy a buff thingy for next winter. My girls have gone up to the top field - was quite surprised as I was going to go check on them but they've saved me the job, as I can see them from the window next to the back door. They looked happy enough with their heads down munching.:)

Bloomin freezing here too Trewsers! it is actually about 5 degrees but with the wind chill it feels like minus 5.
Definitely get a buff, amazing invention :)

Reactions: Trewsers
I've just seen an email from the Facilities Manager - apparently there's a technical fault with the cooling system, hence why it's so hot! At least I'm not getting ill I guess!

Have you managed to warm up yet at all?!

I've just seen an email from the Facilities Manager - apparently there's a technical fault with the cooling system, hence why it's so hot! At least I'm not getting ill I guess!

Have you managed to warm up yet at all?!

I am still feeling cooler in my nose !lol least the kitchen warmed up a bit after the oven had been on. Going round to feed the girls their tea shortly, I'll be layered up and look like Michelin man!!!

newrider.com