The decisions you make can affect others

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
A recent controversial novel I read had one character say.
' your choices today can affect those around you tomorrow'

Strangely enough that's what happened today out riding.

Person one reported a problem to the water board. Person two sent someone out, they closed the road, person three. With me so far. :D
I rode past the road closed sign just to see how far it went with the view of turning back. The weather was looking iffy and so it didn't bother me to do a short ride.
On my way back the drizzle invited it's pal ocean mist. When we got back I couldn't see where we had been riding.
Had those roadworks not closed off that route I wouldn't have got back when I did, we would have been out there in thick mist.

Pointless post really. :D

Haha :D things do often have knock on effects, I know a friend recently decided to wash the dishes before walking her dogs, when normally she would do it after, that meant she caught the kids up the lane at another horsey property yanking on the fences.....if she'd have done her normal routine she probably wouldn't have caught them, then she wouldn't have called me, and I wouldn't have walked up and seen them so I know their faces and know that I used to work with one kids dad.....makes me feel better knowing who (or at least some of them) it is mucking about up and down the lane :)

Reminds me of a book I read years ago. And the film "sliding doors". It is almost quite spooky when analysed how things do have a knock on effect.
I tried watching that but the constant back and forth made me give up.
I got on with Groundhog day though. That showed that we are pretty much creatures of habit I suppose.

Now if I don't hack out today I won't meet any traffic. That traffic won't need to slow down or wait. I won't stop to talk to anyone as usual. Those people will be earlier to the next destination.

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com