The Feel Good/I'm Happy Today Message!

:):D Hi All NR peeps! I think NR is a great support and fun forum. Can I suggest that this thread is one where only good news and achievements are highlighted, therefore when people click on this thread they can read through all the good news and breakthroughs big or small and feel encouraged. A sort of 'feel good factor' 'inspirational' or just good news story that you would like to share with NR peeps.

So for example I could write:

'I am happy today because'..... (my horse blew a rasberry at me this morning and for all the world it looked like he was blowing me a kiss!!!!:D really made me smile and made my day!)

or:

'My acheivement today is' .... (for the first time in ages I mounted by myself and he stood as still as a rock! - fantastic feeling!)

or:

'I'm celebrating today because' ... (its my birthday;) 54 and no longer counting wo...ho...:D:going out tonight for a meal with friends, can't wait!)

or:

'I just want to encourage someone today - may not know you personally, but just want to send you positive thoughts whatever your mindset and challenges are for this day'.

No message is too large or too small so long as the person reading it feels happy and gets that 'feel good glow'. As the thread builds in numbers what a resource it could be for people who may be feeling just a little down and need some cheering up:)

Happy postings....

Mine for starters is - I am really happy today and thankful because when I looked across Oscar's paddock last night, I realised what a beautiful and serene place I have as a livery and how gorgeous sunsets actually are when you watch them descending down - over and between the trees, twinkling with a golden glow... definitely a 'glad to be alive' day! :)

Paddock.jpg

Attachments

• Paddock.jpg
    Paddock.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Palomino Mare says hello too!

the little palomino mare is happy too - she is 45 years old and still the dominant mare in the photo above. she has 3 mares/1 very old gelding in her paddock and she still herds them about thoughout the paddocks they share every day and won't take any nonsense from them either!

Happy - yes I think so - just goes to show age is all in the mind:D

I am happy today because I am finally going back to the barn and riding my horse.:cool: I am proud that I"m doing this and I know that I'll have a good "achievement" to post tonight. At least, I intend to go and get on. That is something in itself, for me.:D

i am happy today cause i have a new saddle on trial to see if it fits horse on thursday which i am over excited about even though i have no voice, and have a septic throat. :)

OH, Poor You!:eek: Hope you're gargling and all that good stuff? Get well, soon! And good luck with the saddle - finding the right saddle can be a real "Quest"!;)

I am happy today because I have just ridden my horse past a miniature steam railway with a man riding on it :eek: and it was going 'poop-poop'! :D And it's somewhere we normally ride when it's not operating so his eyes were out on stalks - how dare it be chuffing around on his hacking route? :mad::D

He really wanted to spin and run but I just shortened my reins and kept my legs on and he went past - I love my pony :D (and this from someone who 2 years ago would have cried and said 'I want to get off!')

I'm happy today 'cos we had a brilliant laidback hack this morning and yesterday I mounted from the ground for the first time in ages without saddle slipping or me looking like a sack of spuds :D

I'm happy today and now celebrating loads and loads, because I have just heard back from my neurosurgeon who tells me my latest MRI scan suggests I don't have to have another disc op (although I still have a small prolapse/scar tissue to contend with!).

So for me and for Oscar that is fantastic news - NO NINE MONTHS off riding like before. I can carry on with gentle riding and hacking. How great is that!:D Nerve root injection man...here I come:D

O...

I'm happy today because Gypsy worked really well in the school, in spite of being nervous about the new piglets :D

My dogs were really good today too and behaved impeccably while walking :D

Your foster dog looks like our President's dog! You haven't swiped Bo Obama, have you? The Secret Service will track you down, you know!:D

I'm happy today because my lesson horse and I did so well trotting over cavaletti with me in two-point (especially happy because he and I had a rather "bad hair day" last week). I could feel him engaging his hindquarters and coming up to meet me, and it made me happy to think that maybe soon I'll be ready to learn jumping. :)

HOW lovely for all of us! We should just give thanks, or something, don't you think? I am so happy!!!:D I made it out to the barn, I tacked up, I got on, and we had a SUPER ride! We even rode - are you ready for it? We even rode OUTSIDE of the ring! May not sound like much to you, but it was a BIG deal to me. There were hills and holes and brush that made her pick her feet up REALLLLY high and nasty bugs that her shaking her head and even a little bucking - well, not real bucking - but it FELT like bucking - and I, ME, stayed on and truly had a lovely time. I think I need to get out of the ring more - it is really neat to be out and the whole thing is different and better! Geez! Am I turning from Dressage to Eventing? Anyway, it was just great and I am proud of myself, proud of my dear mare, Rhapsody, for being so sweet and taking care of me, as always, and yes, I am weary, but good weary. Sorry this was soooo long - I had to share with people who would understand what it meant to me!:D

My achievements today are jumping my tricky ponio very well indeed and just being happy in my yard with my friends.
And looking amazing on my friends horse and apparently riding him like I could be in the olyimpics. I am very happy with my riding today :D x

'That which must be obeyed' - has been conquered!)

I ACHIEVED today - wait for it...! resisting the temptation to jump on the weighing scales this morning (I have been known to do this every morning and sometimes several times a day!). Again, for some, my rebel like behaviour may not seem like a big deal, but for those ladies who are trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle and reduce our size, those scales become DEMONISED - the MONSTER IN THE CORNER - a 'THAT WHICH MUST BE OBEYED OBJECT':D. We have a love hate relationship with them! (mainly hate - and lots of you ladies know what I mean now don't you!).

Anyway today I looked at them straight in their one beady display eye ;)(you know the place don't you? - where they register what it is you DONT want to know!), and told them they were a pile of old junk and digital imbalance because they were stressing me out too much! I have consigned them right to the back of a cupboard and told them they will come out to play on a once a month basis only and they better play nicely!!!!!

I am HAPPY :)today because I have thought of a much better much simpler strategy - The 'Traffic Light' strategy... I am going to buy from the local stationers 3 A4 sheets of card. 1 Red, 1 Yellow(amber) and 1 Green and cut them up. 3 quite large ones for the kitchen when I am cooking/serving, and three purse/wallet size ones for when I go out.

WHAT I eat and WHEN I eat I will check with the cards to ensure I am making the right choices (your unconscious mind will trigger the correct choice - its up to your conscious mind and you if you want to override and indulge yourself and be a naughty nu nu!. Rest is self explanatory really.

Traffic Light System, Red, Amber, Green, and scales 1 a month only:) I am going to keep an NR diary and post feedback & fun stuff how I get on:D Another thread separate from this one though. Anyone care to join me?

So lots of happy thoughts and acheivements for today. Come on peeps what's good for you today? I shared my plans with Oscar this morning - he snorted (wish I could read his mind:confused:) I'm hoping it was encouragement... and then he went back to eating his hay!

O...

EDWY - you are doing so well - just look how far you have come since you first started posting on NR! You are an inspiration to us all you have such a great attitude.

PEACE yes I thought President had nicked Foster to begin with when they did they're presidential family walkabout with the new BO on TV! lucky for him I checked foster was still in his basket or I would have had to send out my own SS!

To everyone else who has posted - keep on posting, its great to hear what a good time and good frame of mind you all are in. Positivity level today for me 1 - 10, a resounding 10!

Elaine...

Wow, I'm happy just reading all these posts - some have even brought a little tear to my eye! Some of them are really inspirational too!

I'm happy because I had a cross-country lesson last night (it was a group lesson so loads of fun) and I didn't fall off!!

newrider.com