The ghost in the tack room

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Sounds like the title for a film.
But seriously can I tempt anyone to take mine for the weekend!
Its not too destructive but it will fiddle with your bridle!!!
Now I am on a livery so someone could be fiddling, but when had my own place it still fiddled. :D

Wooooooo (that's my ghosty type noise!). Hmm. When I was on a yard once there was a ghost, it used to undo my bridle and twist it and then put it back on the hook:cool::confused:
(Said ghost was a troubled teen but we won't go there:rolleyes:)

Reactions: SeeingSpots
Reminds me of a site I worked on, brand new show home, beautiful big detached home.
Every day I'd go in and switch all the lights on as we are supposed to, every evening I'd go in to turn them off and would find half already off and doors that had been left open were closed???
No one had been in there without me so God knows how it happened.
Thanks NF but you can keep your tackroom spook!

Reminds me of a site I worked on, brand new show home, beautiful big detached home.
Every day I'd go in and switch all the lights on as we are supposed to, every evening I'd go in to turn them off and would find half already off and doors that had been left open were closed???
No one had been in there without me so God knows how it happened.
Thanks NF but you can keep your tackroom spook!

Ooooooooo must have been a restless soul from years gone by. Wonder what the site was previously?! Quick send for Derek Accora!

Wooooooo (that's my ghosty type noise!). Hmm. When I was on a yard once there was a ghost, it used to undo my bridle and twist it and then put it back on the hook:cool::confused:
(Said ghost was a troubled teen but we won't go there:rolleyes:)
That's what it is doing. Twisting a cheek piece so you have to undo it.
I have just changed her bit. But I rode in it yesterday so we would have noticed.

There has always been a tack room fairy everywhere I have ever worked or kept tack. They LOVE a bridle with a running martingale on it, You hang the bridle up, all neat and tidy, Pick it up two minutes later it's tangled, THe Tack room fairy never touches harness

There has always been a tack room fairy everywhere I have ever worked or kept tack. They LOVE a bridle with a running martingale on it, You hang the bridle up, all neat and tidy, Pick it up two minutes later it's tangled, THe Tack room fairy never touches harness
Now it is fiddling with the reins.
My friend said well you didn't do them up properly. Yes, but I would have noticed that the last ride wouldn't I. But not have to undo part way because they were wrong.
I have no martingale.

Fairy is a better term.

newrider.com