The I am putting off thread...

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
:p
Feel free to add your own!
I am putting off..........
Making a start on cleaning the wood floor upstairs. It's taken a real hammering after all the building work and I know I need to sort it............
Also putting off poo picking - using the rain as an excuse!
So, go on - what are you avoiding?!

I am putting off doing any work! I am sat at my office desk all alone with the radio on, NewRider on work computer and facebook on my phone. I have so much to do, but nothing is getting done!!!

Everything. Still ill. Managed to get to the yard today but no poo picking or riding, just about managed to worm him. Then on the way home we stopped at bushy park for a quick stroll and I took some pics but now I am knackered so will probably go back to bed and avoid everything else I am supposed to do today

Everything. Still ill. Managed to get to the yard today but no poo picking or riding, just about managed to worm him. Then on the way home we stopped at bushy park for a quick stroll and I took some pics but now I am knackered so will probably go back to bed and avoid everything else I am supposed to do today

Oh dear, gentle get well vibes on their way. Hope you are back to normal soon. Its awful when you can't do your usual yard things.

Reactions: MrA
Poo picking! Remember how thrilled I was a the prospect of having to do it for a fortnight? Well it turns out that the paddock they are in has overgrown with clover and there are large areas that are a good 6-8" deep. Consequently, I am having a tough time finding the damned poos AND picking them out of the stalks. Three more days and then I won't have to any more..... counting down.....

Poo picking! Remember how thrilled I was a the prospect of having to do it for a fortnight? Well it turns out that the paddock they are in has overgrown with clover and there are large areas that are a good 6-8" deep. Consequently, I am having a tough time finding the damned poos AND picking them out of the stalks. Three more days and then I won't have to any more..... counting down.....

Eeek! Poo picking from hell then! I once foolishly left our front field for yonks. One summer evening I jus had to do it - oh dear, because I'd not used it for the horses for an age it was full of rushes and long foggage. Nightmare, took me so long and strained my arms fighting with the tangled rushes and long stalky grass!

I've done the PP. Got rained on again, but not as badly as yesterday. And "only" 66 today. My four are PIGS!!!

Reactions: Trewsers
Well I never did get around to the floor......eeek! Bad me. In my defence though I have been kept busy with selling on ebay. And skipping the girls out as they came in for a dry out. I'll try harder tomorrow!

Im avoiding doing anything. I have terrible "aeroplane ear" so im feeling sorry for myself catching up on wentworth from last night

I'm planning to avoid everything I possibly can. Unfortunately that discounts work tomorrow, as I feel like rubbish, so hoping there's a few physios in rather than it just being me on the wards again like it's felt for a couple of days.

I am mostly avoiding my appraisal at work however ... I reckon my boss is wondering why I'm avoiding making too much conversation with her, I'm trying to avoid reminding her she wanted to do it yday as she'd moved it forwards from next week due to me being so run down and shattered ... And she thinks it's from all the travelling so is worried whether I'm coping. So I'm a tad worried about the conversation we'll eventually have, but I'd rather have it with one than the other as if we do have 'that conversation' I'd feel as though I can sidetrack her easier!

Nothing. All work done. Poo picked. Lunged ginger. Chanter went on the walker, tack cleaned yard sweeped visited friend rode her 5 year old had a gossip and just got home.

There was a thread on H&H forum recently entitled "Are you "just" a housewife?".... someone commented that they gave up work for a while and never got anything done because they had SO much time available. Said that her life was much more disciplined when they worked and were forced to do things in smaller chunks of time.... so much so that they actually found another job. This struck a chord with me and I realised that it is very easy to put off doing stuff today, just because I can do it tomorrow. Since reading that, I've tried to have more self-discipline and to get more achieved in each day. But I could really understand where she was coming from in her comment.... it's easy to slip into a laid-back life. Maybe it's laziness.... not sure.....

newrider.com