The joy of 'flu

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
I am hardly ever ill. I soldier on generally. I may creak and groan massively from time to time but rarely am I taken to bed....but been in bed most of a week now, weak as a kitten. No that's wrong we have a kitten, there is nothing weak about her, she is a powerhouse of fun and energy.

Nauseous, migraines, no appetite, don't feel too bad in bed but moment I get up wham, feel awful. Tried to work up to Friday between bouts in bed as my pc had gone down with flu and was behaving like a drunken duck. Just sat there howling as I had to reboot it for the nth time and still the bloody thing wouldn't work. Just gave up on it in the end

Buddy now had 6 weeks off and looks like he may win over xmas break!

I hope none of you get this bloody flu as it is not a nice one.

• Sad
Reactions: Huggy
Sending get well vibes. Nasty illness. I had it once back in 2003 and never forgotten it. I felt flat and fed up for ages afterwards. (Sorry, that's not very positive !!). Sending cheery vibes anyway. When you feel able go and snuggle Buddy or a donkey.

Oh poor you - had flu twice in my life and it's horrid - feel better soon.

Why do we routinely vaccinate horses against it but not people? Feel better soon, sounds horrible!

Sending lots of get well vibes, it's horrible isn't it. I still have tinnitus, the final parting gift from having it in 2001.

Hope you feel better really soon x

it's a really nasty gastric one i.e. you try to walk the dogs and get the sinking feeling.......everything just goes through me, been living on yoghurt as can't face anything. I am rarely ill, injured, unable to move to pass a vet, but not ill. I haven't managed to muck out the two donkey boys for over a week they get food thrown at them and their bucket twice a day. that's it. Fleur and Suze are living out roughing it so they are self sufficient. buddy and the other two donks are yarded at night, so have managed to keep their place reasonably sanitary. they have 8 stables to choose from and all the yard so it;s up to them how much mess they make....they are out during the day, buddy with the girls, the donkeys have the yard and access to another field if they want to go out. It's basic care but hey ho they won't die - I missed a few days totally couldn't stagger down to see them at all

• Sad
Oh, I had it. Like you I'm hardly ever ill but it knocked me for six and was exactly what my mum always called gastric flu. Very horrid.

I got over mine in 3 days - I do hope you are feeling better for Christmas.

Oh, I had it. Like you I'm hardly ever ill but it knocked me for six and was exactly what my mum always called gastric flu. Very horrid.

I got over mine in 3 days - I do hope you are feeling better for Christmas.
thanks feeling slightly human today, managed to muck out, feed the wild birds, skip out one bit of the donkey field. spent most of yesterday watching a box set of Inspector Montelbano

newrider.com