The 'might' need it thread

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
What have you got that you might need.

I have a might need it no fill rug. She has worn the might need it rug. But we also have a need it rug in case the might need it, needs repair. :D Following so far.
We also have a spare might need it in case we need a heavier weight might need it.

But, I will be selling on the one maybe two we don't need anymore because I have just replaced them. See above.
Does anyone actually get attached to rugs? I can sell on anything too small but struggle with these.

Mio will be available if anyone looking 6 ft, in case ;)

I do seem to have a few ‘might need it rugs’ both mine wear unlined lightweight rugs all year round. But I also have a couple of medium weight and a couple of stable rugs, which I don’t think have even been opened.
I also have a ‘might need it’ bareback pad. Would love to ride in it but Star was always a bit too sharp, and Mylo is still a bit new and unknown at the moment.

Reactions: newforest
My might need it list is probably longer than it should be :oops:

In terms of rugs, Jess has 1 might need it stable rug as last time she ended up in horsepital she didn't have one so I sent her with one of Bo's old ones, it was a 5'9" and she normally wears a 6'6" :p its also handy to have if it gets really cold and she needs layering up, that year it hit -17 I had to borrow a stable rug to put under her turnout. Of course since I brought it nearly 5 years ago I haven't needed it :rolleyes: Even Hank has a wardrobe and he very rarely wears a rug, he has a LW, 2x MW and a fleece with neck, all of which he needed when fully clipped last year but I don't intend doing that again. I don't get attached to rugs but do tend to use them until they are useless and then repurpose them :)

I also have an extensive might need it first aid kit, it fills 2 drawers in a filing cabinet......

Reactions: Trewsers
I have a no fill rug that hes has on and a might need it no fill rug, just incase he destroys his. I did have a might need it 100g fill rug incase we got bad freezing weather and snow.... Sold it earlier in the year as we never get bad freezes and snow.... Oh wait a minute thats what we have no! Oooops lol! Buts fine in his light weight, always feels warm. I mainly put it on him to keep him dry

Oh and we have a million might need it medical supplies lol, a million anti septic sprays and creams and a million different hoof potions none of which i have got rid of because... We might need it!

What have you got that you might need.

I have a might need it no fill rug. She has worn the might need it rug. But we also have a need it rug in case the might need it, needs repair. :D Following so far.
We also have a spare might need it in case we need a heavier weight might need it.

But, I will be selling on the one maybe two we don't need anymore because I have just replaced them. See above.
Does anyone actually get attached to rugs? I can sell on anything too small but struggle with these.

Mio will be available if anyone looking 6 ft, in case ;)

I got attached to Joe's old stable rug. It is gold coloured and made him look like Liberace. I couldn't bear to part with it, and just maybe one day Chloe will wear it if the temps drop:)

In terms of might need - I do have quite a bit in the way of rugs and boots but now we have Zi, some of the bigger fleece coolers might get used.

I got attached to Joe's old stable rug. It is gold coloured and made him look like Liberace. I couldn't bear to part with it, and just maybe one day Chloe will wear it if the temps drop:)
Had to sell on J rugs because he was only 5.6 and someone couldn't get their derriere in that! :rolleyes: But I did sell in the end.
I don't buy stable rugs because non waterproof turnout. :D

Reactions: Trewsers
I don't get attached to rugs but do tend to use them until they are useless and then repurpose them :)
Re purpose yes that's what I am doing. Selling on the one I don't want as a spare. I am upping the denier. :D

I’ve got two might need it rain sheets, one medium weight, one cooler and one medium weight stable rug, all but one rain sheet have never been used and the last time the rain sheet got used was about six years ago.
Her own coat keeps her warm and dry so unless we get some seriously low temps I imagine they will stay in their bags, I hang onto them because I think she might need something if she gets Ill or when she gets old.

newrider.com