The story of Toadlet

8-legged-pony

Sep 19, 2005
Sussex
www.freewebs.com
This is for my friend Karen (lilmissme on here), although I don't think she comes on here very often anymore.

There was once an amazing pony called Toad. She was a short, rather chubby ginger pony who once upon a time competed in SHP at top county shows. We came to know her after her showing days, where instead she taught lots of disabled children to ride and love her. Karen became her foster mummy, and I looked after her brother, and we had lots of adventures together.

Toadlet absolutely looooved to jump, and she got so excited she'd leap straight into a fast canter, then stop after the jump and do little tigger bounces!

howflippingcute.jpg

gorgeousknees.jpg

She also loved to be grumpy, buck (you always needed a strap on the saddle to hold with her if you went into canter!), and pull very silly faces! She was an oldish lady though so we think she'd earnt her right to pull grumpy faces.

Despite her grumpiness everyone who knew her loved her, she used to make everyone smile, especially Karen who absolutely adored her

toadletrosette.jpg

Me and Karen used to love to take Toadlet out on long hacks, one of us would ride, one ride a bike, take something to eat, then swap over for the way back! Toad's brother couldn't be trusted at the time to behave out on hacks or we'd have both taken ponies!

Toadlet also used to put up with our extreme sillyness,

sidesaddlebareback.jpg

wetweather.jpg

beachwear.jpg

Sadly in late 2006 Toadlet's old age caught up with her quicker than it should have, and she was diagnosed with Cushings. She developed laminitis due to the cushings very rapidly and became very ill

toadcute.jpg

The vet said that she could be kept alive for another year or so on very expensive medication, but her turnout and feed would have to be minimal and there was no promise that she'd get better, and that just wasn't on, as Toad's turnout and feed were her life! So Toadlet had a few happy days of being out in the field and stuffing her face fall of yummy grass

toadgrazing.jpg

Then on the 5th December 2006 she peacefully went to sleep, dreaming of satsumas (she loved them!), grass and some more grass

RIP Toadlet, you are missed and always will be

Last edited:
newrider.com