The Things That Get Shared On Here ;)

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I know I need a life, what about you?
:p

I decided to grow back part of the cob's mane. I can see that about two fingers width shouldn't get caught under the pad.
She is very sensitive which is how it came to being taken off to start with! She has a new pad so let's see if that helps.

The reason I started the thread was to monitor how quickly or slowly it grows. Or whether I just remove it again because it's more hassle than its worth.

Is anyone else growing out a hogged mane, join in.

PicsArt_07-13-05.57.50.jpg

Reactions: MrA
Albi's mane comes way down his back so I trim about 3" regularly to coat length because it would sit under his grippy numnah.... and I'm very particular about siting (or "sitting" if you prefer!) it back far enough so it doesn't impinge his shoulders.

I grew out Peds hog over the last year. I can do a photo journey for you later if you like? (It's taken about 15 months to grow out)
Yes go on, it shows I'm not the only one doing photos.
I suspect this won't take long as it was never as long as the rest. I think we have to go through the mohican phase first though.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Lol I hogged Kia Jan 15 and the bottom but where the infection was is still only about 3 inches long where as from the middle up its about 6 inches. His forelock I've not trimmed in 5 years but it still stays the same length :D

Sonny really does not grow much at all either. He has not changed much in the years I have had him.
He also does not have the big thick mane and tail Andi has.
She is 1/2 appy and does not have any traits all of appys.

I've just hogged Lisa. She had half a lovely thick mane below her neck and half a mane that was a 4 inch scruffy mohican where her neck rugs had rubbed it and where her pony pal chews it. I suspect I will keep it hogged as I am not sure the all-over-mohican look is that great really!

Lucky for me mine doesnt partake in any grooming with her pals.
She gets nibbles once every three weeks off her "boyfriend" :)

I think once hogged, you have to reclip every two weeks. My friend does as it grows so fast.

newrider.com