The Walking Vets Bill..

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
I felt since my other diary is a little old its time to start a fresh one!
This will be a mixture of my point of view and His Lordships!

Sox. Also known as , The Walking Vets Bill. Though has been described as the following ' Delicate flower', 'Pain in the arse' ' Self harming idiot' and the classic ' This is sox'
The team of 30+ staff at my equine hospital all know him and his ways. The lack of respect my horse has for following Veterinary texts books is unreal. To the point where he Doesn't follow ANY textbook. However I am slowly working it out. After 5.5 long years of dealing with a range of issues he sees fit to provide me with. Starting with a minor cuts and corns. To the colic and cancer scares. Learning most of my first aid knowledge from Sox. Also been a expert at nerve blocks, xrays and TPR. When youre lordship comes in on 3 legs.. more times I can remember . Rather then panicking its ' Well lets poultice it!' The relief when you knows its 'Just an abscess!' When being lame doesn't mean a speed dial call to the vets. More ' Give him a week and see how he is'
Being a TB owner is hard enough as it is... It seems Sox Is more extreme than your average TB!
What a roller-coaster its been... and it doesn't stop there!!

29258382_10159987708330167_702672218882048000_n[1].jpg

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
I have one of those kinds of horses too - not quite as bad as Sox (yet) but he definitely hasn't read the medical text books ... Sox is a lucky boy :)

Reactions: Trewsers
I hope that you were able to see 'The walking vets bill' over the last few days. I love that name. If you ever take him to a show, that should be his show name.

Mental health struggles are difficult. I am just becoming more aware of my own issues which I wasn't really aware that I had (if that makes sense). Now that I am starting to see the world from a different perspective, I can see how much I have previously struggled. It gives me hope for the future though and that alone is a huge boost. Horses are a huge help, but would be nice if they occasionally didn't cost so much money!

Reactions: lauren123
Thanks for all the support.
After getting wrapped up i headed to the yard. Chain smoking while trying to male calls to various professionals...
After smoking all my fags i managed to give sox a brush,he was in quite a good mood for once! Got him sorted and headed to the school to lunge him. I lunge with two lunge lines,roller and bridle.started off no problems. Walking around. Next thing the guard dogs start barking.. that was it! Cantering bucking,leaping. I had to let go. As he is there picking up speed bucking down the long side before slamming the brakes on at the gate. This happened 3 times!!!
In the end after he has calmed down se got some good work out of him.:)
He came back looking very pleased with himself

Reactions: Trewsers
Dear Diary,
Its been a eventful few days I must say!
According to mother. I have been ' Very fresh and a bit of a twat!!' I would say I am just feeling very very well!
Tales of me galloping around the field on a daily basis are kinda true. Again, Mother, Its called happiness!
Due to me been ' very fresh', apparently, acrobatics while on a boring, walking hack because a car came passed us too quickly. It not acceptable, to mother.
Today was another interesting day! I was turned out in my field as again didn't gallop around like a idiot... I went for a lovely drink and to check on the lovely ladies next door, Sky and Rosa. All seemed ok, however something was missing.. I couldn't put my hoof on it! "There's Rosa... there's Sk … … Sky!?!' Oh My God!!! Where an earth is she!?!" What if she has been eaten by a lion!? Or went on a hack with her mum and got lost!? Or eaten by a tiger!?! Oh My God!!! I set off. Cantering Up and down the field. In a blind panic thinking one of my lovely ladies who I often have small chats over the fence with was gone. That's it! However by some miracle, around 3 minutes and 27 seconds later. I caught sight of what could be her... It was! Sky happily walked into the field been led by her mum. Thank God!!! She was alive!
With everyone back where they should be it was time for me to have some grass!! Until Lunch!

Mother heard the report of my tales from the field later today. No help she was! ' He is a worrier' Is all she could say! I almost died! And that's all she could say!? Given how 'fresh' I had been Mother looked at ways to 'tire me out' so ' he can use his brain a little!!' Pole work in the school was decided.
Down she pops , setting out 3 trotting poles and 2 across the diagonals. Attemptted to brush me. Muttering about me been 'covered in it'.

All tack up, we headed to the school. At first it was a plod around the school, walking.. A change of rein after a while and after 15 minutes we start some trotting, I say 'We' Mother had no say in this what so ever. So a little later we were over the poles. I was enjoying it, not daring to touch a pole and ready to do it all over again! Which we did a few times on both reins. Mother then decided doing some transitions, would get me thinking, like walking up to the pole, trotting afterwards etc etc. This was going ok, to a degree. We were on the right rein, changing direction across the school, in walk. walked up the pole then mother asked for trot after the pole. I trotted a stride, bounced into canter throwing in some big bucks then launched into a couple of large leaps. Air above the ground should I say! Though I almost lost mother!! She came close to hitting the deck after the second leap to the point where her bum was no longer in the saddle. Well she actually got completely thrown out of the saddle, at one point. Before landing back on the left hand side of the saddle, one half on one of half not. Now at that point I could have shown her the door, or the sand. By leaping to the left again. She would have had no chance. But given I am such a amazing lad and deep down, do care about mother, slightly.. I leaped to the right therefore bringing mother back into the saddle completely. Saving the day! No mother injuried. The saddle pad, like mother had been hanging on for dear life! So while mother hopped off , with uncontrollable shakes and dying for a cigg. She sorted out my saddle and phoned Kelly.

Now Kelly is the person Mum pays in order to make sure I have a clean bed and no straw is out of place. I have enough hay to keep me going, water on tap and generally to treat me like the star I know I am :) However this time, Kelly came running to the school, like someone had nicked her ciggs! Before offering words of re-assurance to a shaky mother. Insisting I go on the lunge. Kelly watched for a minute as I said bye to mu, heading off in a straight line so mum had to let go and me having a fab time Bucking down the long side. That was, until Kelly came back. Mother and Kelly were chatting and I was looking at the local woodland , houses and anything accept mother . Kelly then lunged me a little, in walk... She appeared firm but fair. I listened, a little. After a while she asked for trot or in my eyes ' trot then try an get free!' So I trotted then saw the long side of the school and went to go. However Kelly is there firming saying 'No!' and just holding on the line so I cant. I turned to face her Excuse me!?!?! Who do you think you are!?! Saying I cant get free and go for a canter when I want!! I went to go on the other rein but given the continued firm ' No!' I got from Kelly. I decided it was best not too... very annoyed I was though!

Shortly after it was finished, thank god!
I was led back to the stable. I continued to the look towards mother at any time she came near me. First I was annoyed at Kelly. How dare she!?! Second mum had no treats! Third mother kept trying to brush me. Surely after almost 6 years of ownership She would know. It was the first thing I taught mother. I dont do being brushed.
Hopefully next week will be better..
1476128_10151761918116875_228946550_n[1].jpg17155530_10212655249566506_2916420106136936292_n[2].jpg
Speak soon.

Clearly looking very energetic. Glad I wasn't sitting on that. Just go with the flow. Nights are drawing out so hopefully you will be riding everyday soon.

Helloo Everyone!!

Well where do I start!?! Mother has clearly been swapped with another person as for the 2 weeks or so. I have been rudely awoken. BEFORE breakfast and being dragged into the school!!?? At 07:30! With no warning, no steady build up. Just dragged by my socks! Apparently mother has been working throughout the night and coming to see myself straight after work. Madness! Though it does take me back to the time I was in racing... Even then I got breakfast before doing anything else.
So.. back to being dragged by my socks.. Yes, into the school. Mother put me on the lunge apparently my energy could have been compared to when mother has to sit through power point presentations. But she carried on, hopping on. After a while. I felt for the torture to end and for me to get fed. I shall do recluantly what she wanted.. The circles, the transitions , the halts.. Apparently this was to do with a local show that was coming up.. Oh the joys!!
So the weekend came around. Once again after been dragged in the school by my socks and doing 'work' we then went for a hack, I was helping myself to the local bushes In the hope mum would take the hint and feed me. No! But take photos on the phone she did! I will be demanding mother puts these photos up straight away so you can all see the horrible things I am subjected to. Sunday came mother was up early and her and Kelly attacked my mane, my lovely mane!! Before this 'show' though I hacked down with one of my lovely ladies, sky. We arrived and I was made to stand around like a idiot before our ' test' no idea what test I have to pass or to do?? Mother apparently is aware... So I went into the indoor dark arena. Trotted where I was meant to, walked were I wasnt meant to. Doing my own version of a circle and made mum miss out on a square halt by one hoof. Afterwards mum got off to do my boots. Sky was hitting the roof, not litrally , but almost. Apparently she doesn't do standing still so backed up into almost everything and everyone. I thought I would try but heard mother getting more annoyed with one boot that wouldn't go on my hoof after the 3rd time of trying. I thought best not.. We headed back and when we finally got home I couldn't wait to get that damn bridle off. I spent the rest of the afternoon sleeping.
While mother relayed the story of how her and me came 2nd in this test. I could hear her speak about more of these 'tests' and showing classes... Hope she doesn't need me again in any of these 'tests' or 'shows' I would say I would pull a shoe but I dont have any shoes... Must think of something else to get out of these...

Any suggestions welcomed!
56968300_10161461806175167_7723887374865793024_n[1] (2).jpg

Reactions: chunky monkey
Dear diary.
Well its been a quiet few days really.
Quite in my book anyway.
We had a visit from mums best friend. The vet. Sadly for me it meant me been stabbed twice! Twice!!! With a HUGE needle!
Apparently it is that time of the year where i get bloods checked for cushings levels. As i am a 'special' giraffe. Thats good right?! They need to do a more advanced test rather then the Standard free test.
Mother got the results back today,apparently these little pink pills that i sneaked into me somehow can be reduced slightly.
In other news . Mother has apparently been working her socks off. Feeding and giving water to bosses boys all 5 of them and then fully mucking out,haying and giving water to my best lady friends. Aswell as mucking me in. In 1.5hours.
Sadly when she came to muck me out. I was having my mid day sleep... I wasnt moving and found a good spot to have a sleep. So mother worked around me.
Apparently 'hacking' tonight..
We shall are sbout that

newrider.com