The weekend thread

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
It is Friday again! What are you all up to?

I am currently recovering from the dentist after having 2 large fillings. Tonight I will be going to bed early!

Tomorrow I am taking my youngest son to the village litter picking event, and then perhaps pop down to the local zoo (we have season tickets) to see the Rhinos. I love Rhinos.

Sunday I am up early to groom for a friend who is going eventing. Then I am having lunch with another friend and will be making the final preps to take Ben to hospital on Monday.

My husband got a job today as well so we have a bottle of champagne to drink on Saturday night.

What are you all up to?

@Mary Poppins enjoy the champagne!
Weekend is mainly filled with working for Mr T and doing my horsey duties for the poor lame one. I'll try and ride Zi too, but weather has been horrid here, so I don't know really. Having a home made chicken curry tonight and making cookies tomorrow:D

Sounds like a god busy weekend and congrates to your husband on the new job enjoy the champers.

I am currently at the Defence Animal Centre in Leicester as they are holding the ROR champs over the weekend and Ginger and I are in the novice champs and doing my first DR to music.

I am very worried and the music class as my timing was off and I didn't have time with this to adjust the last two canter and trot move so literally don't know where the music will change lol. Oh well its only or fun.

Reactions: MrC
@OwnedbyChanter best of luck for the weekend and congrats to your husband @Mary Poppins !

This weekend I plan to have a little lie in, eat lots of fruit, do lots of exercise and spend lots of time with my mum, Ale and Brodie. And nothing else really although I do need to go and buy a ruler for uni at some point too!

Just catching up on some housework now and then I'm going to go to bed and read for a few hours. This is probably really boring to read about sorry!

Another busy weekend for me. I've got an early start as I'm off to a sheep sale to find another ram for the girls. So that's a two hour drive there. Then I'm riding in the evening. I'm also cat feeding for someone till tuesday, so I have to go to do them twice a day. Then Sunday I'm off to a barbeque/social to mingle with other Dexter cow owners. Then riding in the evening. Which will be a sad day as my rider is leaving me. She's off to the British Racing School on Monday to become a race jockey.

Reactions: lauren123
Hmmm... my parents are coming around tomorrow to help me sort out my garden. I am still on colic watch tonight and over the weekend. Sunday about a hour away in malton the racing stables are opening there doors to the public so me and a friend are getting up early for that

Sounds like a god busy weekend and congrates to your husband on the new job enjoy the champers.

I am currently at the Defence Animal Centre in Leicester as they are holding the ROR champs over the weekend and Ginger and I are in the novice champs and doing my first DR to music.

I am very worried and the music class as my timing was off and I didn't have time with this to adjust the last two canter and trot move so literally don't know where the music will change lol. Oh well its only or fun.

I love dressage to music, especially freestyle. Its something that actually encourages me to want to take part.
I found the key was to choose what I liked and write a test I liked or knew already.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :) I've spent the last week 'oop north with the other half, on a sort-of staycation.

We've had a stay in Hotel Football, a tour of Old Trafford (he supports Man Utd) and a day shopping in Manchester and an evening out. We moved onto the Peak District and done some beautiful walks and cycles and visited Lyme Park - home of Pride and Prejudice and Mr Darcy.

On our way back South we've visited Redwings Horse Sanctuary, met up with some friends near Warwick/Oxford and done a bit more shopping.

Tosay we went to Blenheim Horse Trials - I was actually very restrained! And we got back home about an 45 minures ago - obviously after seeing Pete :)

I've got WEG cross country on whilst unpacking & the other half has gone to get us a take away.

Tomorrow, will be more unpacking/washing and lots of time with Pete too ❤

Reactions: Trewsers
Hope everyone is having a good weekend :) I've spent the last week 'oop north with the other half, on a sort-of staycation.

We've had a stay in Hotel Football, a tour of Old Trafford (he supports Man Utd) and a day shopping in Manchester and an evening out. We moved onto the Peak District and done some beautiful walks and cycles and visited Lyme Park - home of Pride and Prejudice and Mr Darcy.

On our way back South we've visited Redwings Horse Sanctuary, met up with some friends near Warwick/Oxford and done a bit more shopping.

Tosay we went to Blenheim Horse Trials - I was actually very restrained! And we got back home about an 45 minures ago - obviously after seeing Pete :)

I've got WEG cross country on whilst unpacking & the other half has gone to get us a take away.

Tomorrow, will be more unpacking/washing and lots of time with Pete too ❤
Someone pulled out from the uk didn't they?

I'm still nursing my back so yesterday was light chores at the horses then went to see a friend and by 2pm I needed to lay down, then back to the horses at tea time. I'm looking after next doors 2 horses aswell for a week so checking and feeding them twice a day.
Today will be much the same I expect, plus doing laundry, yay o_O

Poor you jessey. Try to take it easy.

Well I went to the sale yesterday and came home with an empty trailer. So the girls will be seeing the same boys as last year.

Ridden out this morning. Was sad as it was my riders last ride out. They'll be riding X race horses from tomorrow.
Off for a barbeque this afternoon.

I'm still nursing my back so yesterday was light chores at the horses then went to see a friend and by 2pm I needed to lay down, then back to the horses at tea time. I'm looking after next doors 2 horses aswell for a week so checking and feeding them twice a day.
Today will be much the same I expect, plus doing laundry, yay o_O

What's happened to your back? I hope it gets better and you can resume to bormal duties soon :)

Reactions: Jessey
Someone pulled out from the uk didn't they?

From what, sorry?

As far as I'm aware, 5 riders (4 team & 1 individual) all went XC clear.

Not sure about Blenheim withdrawls though, it's hard to keep up when you are there!

What's happened to your back? I hope it gets better and you can resume to bormal duties soon :)
Not really sure, just sat on the floor last weekend and couldn't get back up, it got worse over a few days, then improved Friday but worse again yesterday and today :(

Well I managed a ride yesterday on Zi. None today as it's 48mph and gone black on the weather app,so not bothered for that! When it dies down later I'm planting some bulbs for spring:D

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Had my first training session Friday.
Later in the day we went to work on the property.
Some clean up if the drive and prep to pull firewood.
The trails are still nice but since we did not buy in riding distance or build over there we wont make any more.
We need to focus on opening a few more here.
It was too hot ugh agsin ro ride yesterday I just played a little.
We did a bit of a stock up early in the day of ration balsncer hay pellets etc.
We have the 5 year forest inspection coming up just peachy .. the day we are getting heavy heavy rain remnants
From hurricane Florence.
It's set in a plan now for natural and horse trails but I have to talk to the inspector and the forester who does our plan to update the next plan to just more natural and firewood harvesting.
I was hoping to ride today but right now it's just past sun up no sun its pea soup fog and sticky humid.
I need to re spray with glow orange all the boundary pins over there but it it stays crummy damp the paint probably wont stick ugh

It's a new Inspector this time and since the weather will not be good I've set up a notebook and taken photos of the existing trails the marking system I have to mark boundary points along sidelines and identify which one it is and with the trail maps of existing trails and ones I had marked and sprayed but were not cut yet.

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com