The weekend thread...

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
What are you all up to?

In between mucking out morning and evening, I am at college all weekend. I hate fireworks so am hoping to avoid them (especially when I am walking Ben). I have champagne to drink on Sunday evening as a reward for getting through the weekend.

What about you?

Reactions: Bodshi
Weather permitting I'll be riding the ginger one:)
Most days seem to consist of taking Storm for walks and rolls and doing her laps of the yard to build up the strength in the injured leg, so aside from that (prob do even more as not working) I may be helping Mr T finish the fireplace in the kitchen:D
Oh, and colouring my hair too if the dye arrives:p

Well I've finished my 6 month work contract that gobbled up all of my life, the whole summer, and of course all of my horse time. I'm now a free man - well woman actually but that doesn't have the same ring to it! So I'm currently using up all my husbands patience by spending so long at the stables that we had to cancel our table at a restaurant last night - oops! Anyways I'll probably try not to go and see Cocaïne tomorrow ( for my marriages sake!) but plan to tag along to a competition she's going to on Sunday, thats providing I can get myself up to the stables for 6am:eek: Yet to break that to my OH though............

The school bairns will be Halloween guising tonight, which is always good fun. I don’t recognise any of them!

The bonfire and fireworks has had to be postponed though, in view of the weather forecast. Flames and high winds are not a good mixture.

Incidentally, autocorrect thought I meant to say barns had been guiding!

No plans. I thought I was going to be without my wagon this weekend but the garage has blown me out until the week after next, so technically I would be able to go to the opening meet of my favourite bloodhounds on Sunday .... but the weather doesn't look great and I don't think I could get away with a third Sunday in a row spent away from home, so probably not going to go. I miss @Lissie's winter posts about her hunting adventures.

ETA - we've just booked a winter week away in Egypt so I've got to do some bikini shopping (online). Ridiculous prices!

Working, mostly. Showjumping on Sunday morning and arena polo late afternoon so that will be quite a busy day! And spending the evenings watching the semi finals and final of the Paris Masters. Rooting for Federer of course!

Not a lot planned. Drive chunky tomorrow. Sunday chunkys rider is coming, so we will hack both out. Need to sort rugs in the tack room. I've washed the summer sheets but I need to repair a couple before then go away for the winter.
Its supposed to be dry so I might whip the lawn mower round.
Need to file some paperwork that's been piling up on my side for months. It won't take long but I just keep putting it off.

Tonight I’m doing feck all!

Saturday is Xmas shopping and seeing friends whilst avoiding the worst of the weather.

Sunday I’m spending with the boys. They have some visitors coming over as well :)

No plans. I thought I was going to be without my wagon this weekend but the garage has blown me out until the week after next, so technically I would be able to go to the opening meet of my favourite bloodhounds on Sunday .... but the weather doesn't look great and I don't think I could get away with a third Sunday in a row spent away from home, so probably not going to go. I miss @Lissie's winter posts about her hunting adventures.

ETA - we've just booked a winter week away in Egypt so I've got to do some bikini shopping (online). Ridiculous prices!

I miss lisie too.
Happy bikini shopping:D

Ooh, champagne sounds like a lovely treat for getting through the weekend.
I’ve not much planned, looks like it may be too windy for riding The Wuss tomorrow so I’ll ge5 some jobs done then off to the parents. Hoping for a hack out on Sunday

I've got a long weekend, I'd booked holiday from work for Friday and Monday but the weekend plans fell through.
So I had a busy day at the field yesterday, mystery hole dug out and filled, new gate post dug in, my winter strip grazing fence set up, rode jess and let them all have their first 15 minutes on grass :) more chores and riding planned today then mother is coming to visit tomorrow/Monday, so we'll probably go out to eat and mill around town.

My weekends tend yo be just another day, usually consisting of mucking out and walking through the woods with goats or dogs,lol.

I do like to do crafting though, so will probably be making something on the sewing machine or weaving. I've got some fabric coming so will be busy making lampshades next week :D

My weekends tend yo be just another day, usually consisting of mucking out and walking through the woods with goats or dogs,lol.

I do like to do crafting though, so will probably be making something on the sewing machine or weaving. I've got some fabric coming so will be busy making lampshades next week :D

Oooh crafting sounds wonderful. Do you sell any of your lampshades? Wow to weaving too - did you find it difficult to learn?

Reactions: No_Angel
Oooh crafting sounds wonderful. Do you sell any of your lampshades? Wow to weaving too - did you find it difficult to learn?

I'm not selling any of my lampshades yet, I might at one point, but just starting to get a selection on things to put up for sale, I'm going to try an etsy shop and some local craft faires. I've got a few doorstops and a pin board at the moment, along with some scarves I've woven.

The weaving itself isn't that difficult, starting out the warping is awful and confusing and time consuming, and trying to get your pattern right takes ages (and lots of maths for me which I am not good at! lol) but once you get into it it's easier, I love it :D. My mum has a spinning wheel so we have a ton of sheep fleeces at the moment, and the fleeces from our Alpacas to work with.

newrider.com