The whats for tea thread........

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Being nosey again! What are you all having tonight? Me, I am going to pootle around the local supermarket for a few things, but I think its either smoked fish and salad or a home made chicken curry (no popadoms just rice!).
Over to you...........:spin:

I am going out for a meal tonight for a friends birthday so something yummy hopefully.

I wanted to share last night meal though as I was quite impressed with myself. It was a using up contents of the fridge meal. Turned out really tasty.

Aubergine, peppers, sweetcorn and kidney beans fried in sweet chilli sauce and five spice powder. Then put into a wrap with sour cream, lettuce and cucumber. sounds rank but was yummy.

Now me and OH are going to the gym every night (and we still haven't got a fully working kitchen! grrrr) we've been really naughty because we don't get home until 9:30/10pm so it's mainly been a Macdonalds/micro meal/pizza! :redface: although I have managed to lose a little bit of weight so I think the extra gym hours are helping to keep me from piling more weight on!

ummm so tonight will probably be a quick trip to the supermarket on way home from gym and a ready meal

Don't worry bout it Jovi - I'll bet with your recent house move and your gym activities you are easily burning those calories off! Anyway, you do have a legit excuse if your kitchen ain't right!

Don't worry bout it Jovi - I'll bet with your recent house move and your gym activities you are easily burning those calories off! Anyway, you do have a legit excuse if your kitchen ain't right!

Only 4 weeks to go until it's fitted!! :dance::dance::dance:

I had hoped I'd have lost a bit more by now but at least it's finally going in the right direction!!

I started on Fish Pie, put a load of spuds on low simmer, forgot about them at 4.30 and they burnt :stomp: As I'm not having a good day anyway the pot got bashed around the kitchen - whoops saucepan seems to have developed a few dents now - and I phoned for a Pizza home delivery. I've now eaten mine and OH's is sitting in the oven on a low temp for whenever he gets home.

:banghead:

Meatballs (pork and herb and spicy beef) and leftover sauce from the lamb shanks I made last night . . . (tomatoes, roasted garlic, lamb stock, onion gravy, various herbs, beans, shallots, a little worcestershire sauce and some chianti vinegar) . . . truly yum.

Think we'll have it over rice.

N

Meatballs (pork and herb and spicy beef) and leftover sauce from the lamb shanks I made last night . . . (tomatoes, roasted garlic, lamb stock, onion gravy, various herbs, beans, shallots, a little worcestershire sauce and some chianti vinegar) . . . truly yum.

Think we'll have it over rice.

N

That sound soooo delicious!

I had burger chips beans and fried onions, not very healthy however. Last night I made a delicious roast chicken with all the doings. My 1st roastie ive ever made :tongue:

This thread makes me hungry .. can't be bothered cooking much tonight, think it might be an omelette or just nachos or something .. no food in!

newrider.com