The worlds most stupid question ...

PePo

Jun 4, 2014
You can mock, as long as someone answers the question ... :D

I'm buying Pete some magnetic brushing boots to see if they help with the stiffness in his hocks.

I've found a pair I like the look of, but obviously I need two (one for each back leg!).

If they say '£40 per pair' - I do only need to put the quantity as '1' to get 2 boots? One for each back leg. Right ...?!

I'm the only one in my office today, otherwise I'd have asked this question to my boss & saved myself the embarrassment of having to have this online ...! :D

Reactions: Trewsers
Thanks! I'm honestly not got an IQ of -1, it's just these little things involving numbers confuse me ...!

Marvellous, I shall go ahead and order one quantity of magnetic boots for Pete.

What type are you getting? I had bio flow before but got different make now.

I have ones that sit on the pastern.

LOL I always have to think about those ones, my top tip though, magnets will work on the whole body no matter where they are placed, the strength is the important thing, when Bo's hock was bad I brought a suitably high powered human bracelet, which was cheap enough I didn't mind leaving it on him in the field etc to get more benefit from it :p

Reactions: PePo
I haven't had magnetic ones but I had N.E.W ones for J and they were really good quality. I think they were called sports medicine boots but am pretty sure they were that brand. So I'd assume their other types are pretty good as well.

Are they suitable for riding in NF? They are the ones I'm considering - mainly for riding/stable use :) X

I use to use boot but I wanted the magnets on all the time as per us humans. So I got him a hock bracelet it cost £30 is super strong and stays on all the time.

The problem with the boots are they can only be on for 12 hours because they are boots were the bracelet like my own stays on all the time.

http://magnetic.uk.com/animal.shtml

I would ring them as I plan to use in the stable when her circulation is less. Got the pastern wraps as she has so much feather in the way.
As an aside I also use homeopathy and treatments I am qualified in, vet OK with it as they don't think it makes any difference. So I am not hindering just complimenting.

I purchased a pair of magnetic bands for Nuts for her Arthritis, she has had them on 24/7 both back legs since September, she's been fit althrough so I daren't take them off now - shes also on a bute substitute and Turmeric - so it could be one or a combination of all that has helped - but we swear with magnetic wraps for treatment following injury - they have been used on all of ours at some point over the past
10 years.

newrider.com