The yard saga continues

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
They had an 'open house' at the yard on Saturday, 8 viewings booked, 13 arrived, 3 full asking price offers received. In chatting to viewers I got 1 firm offer to stay on and 1 for me to stay until July/August with potential beyond that, I believe these 2 people are 2 of the 3 offers but as yet I don't know which offer the YO is pursuing.

That aside I am still hunting for other options. I looked at a yard on Saturday, its 20 minutes from home and work (in a triangle as work is 20 mins from home too), its a <1 acre paddock for the 2, 45 quid a week for the 2 including daily checks and them providing hay and filling hay rings and hacking is directly into the forest, not bad I thought BUT when I get there, after the mile down a byway used daily by HGV's (that was nice, not!) I arrive at a huge field with 6 post and rail paddocks in the middle of it and that is it. There is zero storage, no power, I have no idea where the water comes from but tanks looked to be self filling and there is no one on site out of hours. They apparently have planning in place to build stables and a school and a horse walker, but that will be done "as and when time and money allows". So this yard would put an end to Hank's driving and my car would be even more of a mobile tack room than it is now and I don't have storage space at home so would also have to see if my landlord would let me put a shed in the garden. So although its not out of the question, its not the most suitable.

I did find another nice yard, school, stables, good hacking & grazing, but its 20 mins from home in the opposite direction from work and its normal DIY livery with horses stabled at night so I'd be doing an hours driving twice a day :(

The paddock 2 fields down from current place I still can't track the owner down properly, but I have a hint at where he might live, so do I go door knocking or just pop a note through all the doors on the street and hope he calls me back?

I'd suggest door knocking a you may get other info that way.

Me too, I'd go this route. A note through a door is most likely to just get thrown in the bin, at least if you knock the door you'll get to speak face to face with someone and as Orbvalley suggests who knows what info you might get during the conversation. Good luck.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Yeah I would also go knocking on the doors as someone may know where the owner lives. Also just a thought but would your land registry office give out details of the registered owner?

Reactions: Trewsers
Yeah I would also go knocking on the doors as someone may know where the owner lives. Also just a thought but would your land registry office give out details of the registered owner?
They do but you have to do an official search and they charge for it, which I will do if I can't track him down eventually :)

Reactions: joellie
Echo the others about knocking. I do hope something gets sorted soon, but it sounds at least like if they accept the offer from one of the potentials you will be okay for a while longer?

Reactions: Jessey
Fingers and toes crossed you can stay where you are! That would be so much easier for you xx

They do but you have to do an official search and they charge for it, which I will do if I can't track him down eventually :)

Cost about £15 I think last time I had one, however, they may give you the owner but im not sure if they publish personal address details.

I doubt it will be much beyond that, they have 2 horses of their own so once they move up full time the land won't cope with 4 full time unless we stable them for part of the day/night which Jess isn't a fan of :rolleyes: and there are only 3 stables currently but I'm happy just to have a bit more time and be able to get a solid plan in place, having said all that they said they wouldn't see me out on my ear with no where to go when we get to that point, which is nice to know. They seem really lovely people :D

newrider.com