They're here...

I dreamed about your Texel sheep - Wally. Very odd.
They look spotless like Steiff toys.
Have you more videos please. I want to show OH. Who rhought it funny to dream about someone else's sheep.
Do they live indoors all winter and stay so neat and tidy?

I have started helping with the Welsh black(think that's right) sheep at work and have to say I'm very fond of them. The new stockman here has been working with them and has them much calmer and easier to handle, today I went to feed the horses and put out 2 stuffed alpha bags of hay, left the bags while I put feeds out turned round to be greeted by 12 ewes and the new Tup Jewels who is just so laid back and handsome, cue me standing holding bags for half hour while they happily munched, it was a wonderful way to spend half hour this morning,they are bonny things and actually sheep are up there with some of my favourite animals after having spent time with them. They also come running when I shake the bucket for the horses and Jewels will eat out your hand.

Your new flock are beautiful and I shall look forward to hearing more about them :)

Reactions: Kite_Rider
OH has a colleague in Scotland whose lovely wife has pet sheep.

Look like Suffolks, or "Snuffolks" as they are know here as the lambs are not the hardiest of creatures. They are not a popular breed here for that reason.

I had the pleasure of meeting them, They are alot prettier then I thought ! but also so sweet and friendly !!!

I have moved them twice now, to better grazing. IN the old days of my Shetland flock I used to have to make sure there were enough sheep hurdles to make a run to wherever I wanted them, Half the time a couple of the mad moorits would leap over and require bringing down by the dog, I'd have to beg help from my neighbours who had 5 bloody good hill dogs. and it used to be a stressful operation.

All I do with these guys is carry a bucket and they follow. BLISS!

what are your plans with them?

i was horrified at the price of texels at the christmas classic sale last night :eek: !!!

sheep that follow a bucket are a huge bonus, I’ve discovered this having bought some wild blackie lambs that I thought were a bargain :(

what are your plans with them?

i was horrified at the price of texels at the christmas classic sale last night :eek: !!!

sheep that follow a bucket are a huge bonus, I’ve discovered this having bought some wild blackie lambs that I thought were a bargain :(
I have a very nice sire picked out for them for next year, all pedigree flock book stuff, so I will sponge them , shove them in with Ram and hope for the best, See if I can't get some nice potential rams out of them , then keep the gimmer lambs and build up a nice pedigree flock book flock. Might show them at the shows in summer, see how we get on

newrider.com