Things are starting to click into place... I sat on my pony! Long

Imp

Megan's mummy :-D
Sep 6, 2005
And that's just about all, I was just a passenger but a very happy one.

At 8:30 this morning I had arranged for RA to train Megan. She rode her in her Dually headcollar, Megs messed her around a bit but then settled down and started working fairly nicely. I did some filming so that we could check whether she was lame still but RA said she was fine now and that she may have been messing around to try to get her to dismount as it must have worked in the past so she's kept it up :rolleyes:

At the end of the session, when RA said all was well I got all brave and for the first time in 8 months I mounted up! *sighs* I love sitting on my pony :D I tried to get her to walk but my leg muscles appear to have disolved :eek: My thigh was twitching uncontrollably and because I was gripping with my 'good' leg Meg thought I wanted her to slow down/stop. In the end RA lead reined me around like a 5 year old :eek:

She suggest I mount up at some point for 5 minutes most days to get used to the 'feel' of Megan again. I must admit my hip is killing me now and I'll bet I'll be pretty lame in the morning. She's such a wide girl, it's like straddling a sofa!

At 10:30 the potential share lady arrived with a big box of horsey books for the feedroom. She said she has a friend who deals in trade price tack - woo hooo!

A lovely girl at the yard rode Megan first for me, Megs doesn't mess her around as she's a very experienced rider, a natural. Then the lady, let's call her 'B' mounted up. Megan immediately gave her a hard time, napped to me at the gate and wouldn't do what she was being asked. B persevered and managed to get Meggymoo to trot and stuck to it even though madam protested and was silly.

B dismounted and Megs immediately went all huggy with her; B is interested in sharing her and as she's a nice lady and will stick with my programme for Megan I'm drafting a share agreement for us - thanks to Jane (Domane) for that :D

Megan isn't for the faint hearted at the best of times and I haven't the physical strength to cope with demanding good ridden behaviour from her at the moment. The girl at the yard who rode Megs for me has offered to ride her for me too. I bit her hand off of course :D

We are all going to have some back to basics lessons at RA's yard; Megan with her colleague with RA's instruction and Enya and me on their schoolmaster old boy.

And the fantastically good news - I've won my case against the vet who vetted her at purchase and missed the hole in her heart! I've basically got my payment price back for her... she's now the original gift horse :) Ohhh, I feel another horsey coming on
spotting.gif
happy-highfive2.gif
spotting.gif

Is wonderful to here you are able to sit on her now!
Your body "will" get better, just give it time.;)

Blimey, SORRY Imp!! Missed all this and got the "heads up'' from Clare 22's thread asking for an update on everyone:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Blurry well done kid:D

And what a turn up about the vet and the money! That's like summat out of "The Yard"! Fab ending to a difficult situation......and do we hear the clippyclop of little hooves then?????

Oh I missed it TOOOOOO!!! :eek:

I cannot scream how ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED I am to read your post.... from the "passengering" (I do that all the time Lynda so join the club!! ;) ) to the fabby new sharer with her mate and the trade price tack --> :D with envy there!!! And the piece-de-resistance..... the WINNING OF THE CASE against the vet which would have been brilliant in itself but to get your money back, well... that's just the icing on the cake....

Seem to remember telling you a few weeks ago that I felt your luck was starting to turn....

*smiles smugly* hehe.... :p

Oh Imp - you truly deserve this wonderful week of good news!

I am sooooo happy for you. You have put up with such a lot since January.

Talk about a light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Fantastic that you sat on Meggymoo - what a cheeky adorable lass she is.

Sounds a bit like May, you know. Her mum tried 3 other sharers in the past but she just wouldn't move for them:eek: Cheeky madam - gotta love'em though!

You are one strong lady but you paid the price.

You are an inspiration!

Hopefully, I'll get to meet you guys one of these days!

xx

Dee

What great news Imp , it must have felt heavenly to be on your cheeky horse again - worth any ammount of stiffness .And fantastic news about the vet and the money, things just get better and better;) Good luck with the daily practise.

Thats really good news Imp.I'm glad to hear you are getting back in the saddle and Megan sounds like she has met her match in your new sharer. Great to hear you got your money back for the cost of Megan.I guess you are going to be looking for a new horse soon.We have some new ones in one of which is a great family horse of 15.2hh who is fantastic with kids and may well be what you are looking for.PM me or email me if you are interested.

good news Imp, I didn't realise you had problems with your leg- or that Meggymoo could be a moomoo too!
she looks like butter wouldn't melt:rolleyes::)

Clare-22 said:
Fantastic news Imp I am so pleased for you Great news about the vet case too, are we horse shopping for you yet

I haven't got the cash in my hot little hands yet but have had a couple of NR regulars contact me about ponies that may suit Enya sooooo, I'm stable-window shopping truth be told:D

Nutkin wrote:
We have some new ones in one of which is a great family horse of 15.2hh who is fantastic with kids and may well be what you are looking for.PM me or email me if you are interested.
Emailed you Nikki ;)

Oh wow! I was only thinking about you and Megs whilst washing someone's bum at work the other night- don't ask me why it came to mind, but I was wondering what was happening with 'the case' and now I know!!

Fantastic news that the vet has had to cough up, and brilliant that you got the entire purchase price back:D :D

Well done for having a 'sit on' too- I shall be keeping my eyes open for daily updates as to how your five mins a day are going:D

newrider.com