Things are starting to come together...

Rubic

Equine Karaoke Queen
Apr 15, 2012
Glasgow
...as of this weekend Rubic will be going out 24/7. :dance: No more mucking out and having to be up at the yard in time for bringing in!!! I'm so happy :biggrin:

I'll still have the odd mucking out day when I ride Honey or look after other horses but at least not every night. I'm just so glad that at least now I will have a bit more free time. I think, mentally, I was struggling being tied to a routine (muck out and bring in by a certain time) when I wasn't riding. I'm glad that now I will have a little extra time to do other things, a bit more exercise and a bit of clicker training in place of the mucking out :biggrin:

Fab news Rubic :dance:

How is she doing? Any change or is there no furher change expected for now?

She seems ok to me. I trot her up occasionally (on hard ground on the straight and also in circle in the school) and she just looks to be just a little off on small circles, usually when her bad leg is on the inside. I'm hoping that now she is going out at grass I'll have some time while it is still light to start taking her walks to start strengthening her up and also trying to encourage her to use her back end more and take the weight off her forehand which should help her. She has always been so on the forehand:frown: I am thinking of chucking a roller on her with an elastic tail bandage running round her back end, much like the back section of a pessoa just to encourage her to step under herself more. I'm not sure how well that will work but it is worth a try. I'll also get the physio out come April/May time. Hopefully the clicker training will help get her brain working and get her moving the way I would like too :happy:

That sounds promising with the trotting up. I am sure the physio will have lots of good ideas for exercises too.

The evenings are definitely getting lighter and you have all that extra time now no mucking out :biggrin:

newrider.com