Things just don't seem to be going our way...

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
A couple of weeks ago ale was doing amazing work in the school and we were enjoying solo hacks together. Now I've lost my nerve out hacking and he seems to hate going in the school suddenly. I can't tell if he is sore or some other reason. Its all just very frustrating. He really doesn't seem happy atm and that means I'm not

Are you feeling/guilty bad for not taking him out? they read us like books sometimes and perhaps he is just sensing you feeling a bit off? They say smiling, even if its fake, kicks out happy hormones which in turn makes you happier, maybe try a big cheesy grin and see if he picks up on it :p
ETA you shouldn't feel bad about not taking him out, you mum still is so its not like he is just in the school all the time :D

Last edited:
Reactions: MrA
I've got a job interview tomorrow and I really hope I get it, everything has got on top of me lately, been working a lot, trying to keep ale going, preparing for this interview and pushing myself on the bike too. If I get the job then perfect as its less hours. If I don't I will reorganize myself! But today I had a morning just down the yard doing pony things. And it was bliss. My friend let me ride her mare which was a big confidence boost as she's amazing, and then surprise surprise when I rode ale after he was fab too, we managed canter poles for the first time ever!! When I get back from my holiday I will start again on the hacking. We will get there again! Thanks for all the advice

newrider.com