Things to try

I'd like to do some more cross-country. I have done bits of training, mostly with homemade jumps but never been on a proper XC course or competed. I would just want to do small stuff though (80cm max). I'd like to try Trec (again, done bits of training, but never competed) and also to do a competitive endurance ride. But my passion has always been hacking, and there are a lot of treks on my Bucket List in various parts of the world. Horseback safari in Africa is top of my list!

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
I don’t think there is anything I have a burning urge to do to be honest, I’m easily pleased.
I’ve got a little sweetheart who is all I ever dreamed of and I am happy with that really, although I do enjoy schooling which we can’t do now and kind of miss that a little bit.

No burning desire to try anything I haven't already, but I'm still amazed at my desire to do jumpies after all those years and years of terror! The nerves are still there, but they are controllable and I remember my brain retraining lady saying that fear is good..... Fear is what keeps us safe, but we just have to learn to control it rather than letting it control us.

Bridleless riding (Low Key)

I have a sidesaddle and took it to a lesson years ago.
It was a blast the whole barn had a go.
But its very hard and feels like your leaning back too far.
Id never be confident.

I'd love to do a round up like on
City Slickers.

I don’t think there is anything I have a burning urge to do to be honest, I’m easily pleased.
I’ve got a little sweetheart who is all I ever dreamed of and I am happy with that really, although I do enjoy schooling which we can’t do now and kind of miss that a little bit.

Aw she sounds lovely. I don't school Zi as such, I just pootle about in mine, he's quite a big lad and I feel better in there, plus our fields are so soggy atm. I don't do road hacking now - it's too busy and his boots were such a faff getting on and off. I love just sitting on him staring out to sea - not the most ambitious of activities lol

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Bridleless riding (Low Key)

I have a sidesaddle and took it to a lesson years ago.
It was a blast the whole barn had a go.
But its very hard and feels like your leaning back too far.
Id never be confident.

I'd love to do a round up like on
City Slickers.

Side saddle does look hard going on certain muscles - someone on here used to go hunting regularly side saddle:eek:she must have been a good rider and very fit too!

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
No burning desire to try anything I haven't already, but I'm still amazed at my desire to do jumpies after all those years and years of terror! The nerves are still there, but they are controllable and I remember my brain retraining lady saying that fear is good..... Fear is what keeps us safe, but we just have to learn to control it rather than letting it control us.

I like that attitude to fear. I wish I could adopt it!

Had a side saddle so did a bit of that. Competed in various things low level, loved trec.
Messed about bridleless and done some jumps. Unlikely to jump the current lass because she has this interesting habit of looking for pennies, but I might do a trotting pole if she doesn't trip over it!

Would like to have a go at prix caprilli just because it's not simply dressage and I get bored with an empty space.
Can't really think of anything else. I just enjoy her for her.

Aw she sounds lovely. I don't school Zi as such, I just pootle about in mine, he's quite a big lad and I feel better in there, plus our fields are so soggy atm. I don't do road hacking now - it's too busy and his boots were such a faff getting on and off. I love just sitting on him staring out to sea - not the most ambitious of activities lol
That must be so nice Trewsers, I'm happy just sitting on Belle and looking at our lovely bit of countryside, I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to sit on your horse, on your own land, gazing out to sea.

That must be so nice Trewsers, I'm happy just sitting on Belle and looking at our lovely bit of countryside, I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to sit on your horse, on your own land, gazing out to sea.

Aw but like I said to horseandgoatmom - pretty sure your bit of the world is gorgeous with the trees etc. I do miss them - but not when it's blowing a force ten:eek:

I'd like more of road riding, but would I then get bored of just trees and tracks?
I like meeting people walking when we hack out. I often stop and chit chat.

Reactions: Trewsers
I would love to do some distance riding in spectacular scenery - like the Cairngorm 100 route or the coast ro coast trail across Scotland or one of the Welsh rides. A ranch holiday or ridden safari would be fab, but I'd want to do it on my own horse which rules them out really.

Don't suppose I'll ever achieve any of that but I'm quite happy if we can continue hacking and find new places to explore, I do like variety :)

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com