Things you love about your pony......

Bunnylover

Apr 18, 2008
Nr Chelmsford, Essex
What are the things you love about your pony...... I have had my welsh sec c three weeks and things that are standing out to me and I love him for is his willingness and patience with me being a novice. He seems very kind and forgiving too!! Ahhh

We all know ponies have reps for being cheeky or greedy or wizzy/fizzy little things, but they are endearing, so what is it that keeps you in love with your pone??

xx

The way she always whickers at me when she sees me - whatever time of day or night :)

And the way she has got stuck in to everything I have asked her to do so far with very little fuss, even if at times she looks a tad bemused by my novice antics :eek:

I've had my Welsh D for almost 18 weeks and she is the best pony ever FACT :p

I love the fact that even though both my boys are still young, they have an affection towards me thats very sweet, Billy gives me kisses a lot and he loves to be stroked. Its those little things that make everything worthwhile

The constant verbals from Liesel and the little snouty nose stuck over the rather tall stable door. The fact you can play with her in the field and you each know what the other is thinking. The fact that all the things my giant gelding hates (naughty bits cleaning, being bridled, being hacked alone etc), she is perfect at and most of all the fact that shes been with me since before she was backed by RI and me so I feel like I have done the right thing by her and not ruined her and it makes me feel happy and proud now she is 5 and we ride out for hours :))))

I love how she smells, i love the way she gets a good mouthful of grass before i get on her and it is still there hanging out the side of her mouth when we get back from riding out (naughty), i love the way she whinnies to her field mates all the way round farm if we hack out alone but she keeps going (fearless??!!), i love the way she rolls in the dust or mud just after i have groomed her and put her back in her padock................I love her to bits cos my Daisy is officially the best pony in the world :D

:rolleyes: the way that im the only person hero will respond to. and when he does somthing really naughty he knows he has and will show his 'sorry' face so you really cant tell him off. And theres too many things that you just dont do with him (unlike the normal horse) Hes not like a horse at all. get moody or stressed with him, and he'll do it straight back.;) i love my boy

OK, i don't have my own pony, so i'll write about what i loved in my old ride (rode him for a couple of years). It was the was everything was interesting and exciting - he was so curious and 'ooooohhh woooow how exciting!!!' about everything :). The way he did his 'cute' face when he was naughty so you could never be too angry with him; the way he used to mess about and be a complete idiot then remember he was supposed to be a good little boy and act like an angel again :p; the way he spooked at things you KNEW he wasn't scared of just so he had an excuse to be silly, the way he chewed his leadrope whilst you groomed him (and when he'd finished, the way he groomed you back). In short, he was fantastically cheeky and sweet - there was nothing to dislike about him :) (although a lot of people did :rolleyes::p!) fab little pony - more personality than you could shake a stick at and in a pretty little packet, too :).

The way he always comes to the gate when I walk to his field. The way he loves jumping and literally drags me to the fences. The way he gets grumpy cos I just giggle at him. The way he gets excited when I rug him up and put his travelling boots on. They way he shows off at shows.

Erm..... I think I love everything about him....Can we marry our horses yet?

He's like a giant fur ball for 90% of the year

He pretends he hates me, but can't let Magic get to me first in the field

His hissy fits are so pathetic they make me laugh

He always try to groom my back when I brush his legs

He's orange and stupid and calls me mum

My Grey Icelandic mare.....
Super, super smooth!:D Wide, short, great help with "path clearing" chores.

HE is the only reason I am here. With my pain and 22 pills a day, I would not have the will to carry on. He is my WHOLE LIFE.:):):):):):):)

I'm loving this thread!!

ok, why I love B....

I love that we can be two old grumps, moaning about the world together from over the stable door.

I love that he screams at me if I'm late! ("mum!!!! Where have you been!!! Cant you see I'm starving here!!!")

I love that he has special little noises that he makes only to me.

I love that he licks my neck, face, hands, bottom (when picking out his feet)

I love that if I ask for a kiss he will stand with his head still till the smooch is over! lol!

I love that he clearly still loves life at the age of 27.

I love that he can still take me by suprise, be it mini rearing and taking off in stubble, spooking at pony eating stones on the road or holding his own when out galloping with the horses!

but most of all I love that he is B!!

I love the way Mo comes when I call her, she'll either doodle down the field or belt down it.

That she is starting to trust me and was OK when I had her clipped.

That she loves getting ears rubbed and has a wobble lip.

When she bucks going into her first canter when we school.

i love the way he has changed over the years and has finally excepted that im not going to hurt him or leave him. i love the fact that he isnt agressive towards me any more, just the idiots on the yard:D. I love the fact his head is massive, i love his eyes, i love cantering round the fields on him, i love the fact we can hack on our own now, i love the fact he doesnt judge me, i love the way he waits by the gate for me and does a gruff winny that sounds like eeuurgghhh, i love the fact i can brush him all over and not get biitten now, i love the fact he has grumpy and very very soppy days, i love him because he knows me, i love the way i can trust him, i love the fact we acheived things together as a team, i love him for trying his hardest at dressage, i love him for putting up with me, i love him for being tall and rather plump atm,
i love him because somedays it feels like he is my only friend in the world:eek: i love him more than life its self and life would be nothing without my lad !

Last edited:
I Love Kias sense of humour!!!

Keep s me on my toes and makes sure that life isnt boring by any stretch of the imagination :D

Nikki xxxx

There is so much I love about mine...everything!:D
I especially love the way he bucks and runs around when you let him in the field. He is so youthful. I like the way he constantly undoes the velcro and zip of my jacket when I rug him up for the night. I like the way he stands when he is concentrating on something in the distant- that sort of silohouette you'd find on a Mountain Horse logo or something.

But best of all, I like the way he tries 200% everytime.

newrider.com