Think I could open a shop,,,,,, WEDDING

fairlady

Jul 14, 2007
Bristol
THE WEDDING....................

I 'had' or 'have' in my mind 'the look' I am aiming for for No.1 Son's Wedding lol.

I have looked at numerous 'Mother of the Bride/Bridegroom' outfits and although some of them BEAUTIFUL (and megabucks, lol) none of them have come close to 'the look' I know IS ME:smile:

Everyone has been shaking their heads at me and laughing but I KNOW its because THEY don't understand what I am looking for because I know what I want......if that makes sense:wink:

I have a long black taffetta skirt, its fitted to the knee with a huge band round in the same material at the knee and BOW and then flairs out in a mermaid style...with nets under.......it belonged to my Grandmother and I have been determined that this SKIRT comes to the
Wedding, lol, I have NEVER had the opportunity to wear it and its STUNNING.

Problem has been WHAT to wear with it ! I have bought numerous camisoles.......all wrong....... and as I say sort of know what it needs but haven't quite been able to get it.......... I jumped for joy when I found a beautiful taffetta cropped jacket with 3/4 sleeves and a ruffled neck in exactly the same shade of black but then needed something under that...........everytime I have been out and seen something I thought would fit the bill, I grabbed it lol with the thought, Oh well can always sell it on:biggrin: I have since ended up with THREE more jackets from COAST one in Gold, one in Purple/Pink and one in Plum, lol, all wrap round with ruffles and tbh all hit the right 'look'..............NUMEROUS tops/camis to wear under it, several that look great and several that DON'T !

SO WHY have I just this morning bought a long flowing Silk Bustier Dress from Monsoon that is stunning in Pinks that has cost me a flippin arm and leg ???????????????

P.S. and don't lets even start on HATS

I think I am on my way to opening a shop

Last edited:
Is the black taffetta coming to the "night do" or will you be looking to wear it during the day?

The day Trewsers, promised my Sister I would wear 'Long' although its ankle length with nets under. Sounds hideous lol, but its actually STUNNING :wink: and although it IS Black, because its Taffetta/Silky, it has a Navy type sheen, as does the Black Jacket which fits with the colours Navy, Cream and Dusky Pink.

The Girls LOVE the Skirt but the problem has been getting something to tie in with it.......but fear not.....Grannies Skirt will 99% be making a show, lol.......failing that the Monsoon Dress..but then I have to go get stuff to match up with that:bounce:

Last edited:
No, it doesn't sound hideous at all!!! So, what colour are you going to team it withthen? What are your "colours" that bring out your natural radiance (gosh, that doesn't half sound daft but you know what I mean - not everybody suits the same next to their facial skin do they?)

PICS.... can't visualise the outfit so lessava lookie then....

When my daughter got married, I actually went into a dress agency in B'north to start the long search and found my outfit straight away! Easy peasy! :dance:

73061_1.jpg

72576_1.jpg

It was just such a shame that...

(a) I ended up matching the wallpaper in the Registry Office :giggle:

- and -

(b) her husband abandoned her after 5 months and she's not heard a word from him since :banghead:

Just as well I didn't cough up a fortune really :frown:

I do need 'colour' being blonde...ish.....the creams/ivories wash me out.

So pinks/purple lines. The only 'problem with the Monsoon Dress' is that there is a small chance that somebody else could turn up in it....although maybe the cost would put others OFF !

PICS.... can't visualise the outfit so lessava lookie then....

When my daughter got married, I actually went into a dress agency in B'north to start the long search and found my outfit straight away! Easy peasy! :dance:

73061_1.jpg

72576_1.jpg

It was just such a shame that...

(a) I ended up matching the wallpaper in the Registry Office :giggle:

- and -

(b) her husband abandoned her after 5 months and she's not heard a word from him since :banghead:

Just as well I didn't cough up a fortune really :frown:

lol you looked beautiful Jane. xx

Well tbh the Taffetta/silk jacket came from EBAY of all places, new with tags and cost me £30.00. It was a bit of a gamble but matches perfectly, some of the camisole type tops have been EBAY bargains and some Coast.......

Obviously the skirt I already had and we won't DISCUSS THE MONSOON DRESS:bounce:

I have decided to do an 'Outfit Evening' with the Girls, Jen and Alice, and then decide, so come that evening, which will be SOON, will get some pics and put them on.........

Need to decide on Hat, Shoes, Bag and Jewellery then which 'ties' it all together and BOY I am gonna go for the BIGGEST Hat:bounce:

Think I have a picture of the Jacket........off to look

This is very exciting! Yes please, we want piccies! And domane, you really did look nice - shamethe marriage didn't last as you say!!

Here is the jacket, will try to get one of skirt, its fitted to knee then goes out 'mermaid style' with band and huge bow at knee...Off to get picture of skirt, lol. The Coast Tops/Jackets I have bought are all 'ruffly' with ruffled collar and wrap round that tie at waist with huge Bow.
One Plum one Gold and one PURPLE/PINKY. lol. I can 'tie them in with the skirt' with the Hat I choose if I go that way lol.

Bear in mind this is 'Wedding of the Year' lol, and is in a Gorgeous Church by Frenchay Hospital and then at Tortworth Court which is very
up market !

Attachments

• teatro jacket.jpg
    teatro jacket.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Lovely. Have a better idea now.
Tough one though. You need something brighter maybe but plain.
Will you be keeping jacket on or will it be off?

Will def be on for Wedding......but depends how warm the day is.......have seen a beautiful structured cami top but can't make up my mind if its worth £75.....off to find pic lol.

um........I actually have another Dress for the Evening Do:bounce: Battery low so pic of skirt in about 5 mins:bounce:

Will def be on for Wedding......but depends how warm the day is.......have seen a beautiful structured cami top but can't make up my mind if its worth £75.....off to find pic lol.

um........I actually have another Dress for the Evening Do:bounce: Battery low so pic of skirt in about 5 mins:bounce:

Will dress not suffice for both? Love the jacket and can imagine the skirt is lovely too. Not sure about bows on your top with the detailing on the jacket though.
I didnt let my Mum get a proper outfit for my wedding as we got married on the grouse moor so a frock wouldn't have been suitable as we all wore shooting tweeds. Felt a bit guilty.

Here is yet another top I have my eye on........ARGHHHH IT WON'T LOAD, OH DOING IT NOW. This would be worn under black jacket, if I wear the one of the other Coast tops with the Bows at side, I would wear them as a Jacket and put plain black cami under:wink:

Off to load skirt photos, lol.

Attachments

• 000326407alt2.jpg
    000326407alt2.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Right here is my 'Nan's Skirt' So what do you think, lol. Very fitted to the 'band' which comes to the knee as I said, then it flairs out with nets under to ankle/floor length.

Attachments

• 371.jpg
    371.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 368.jpg
    368.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 369.jpg
    369.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 373.jpg
    373.jpg