Thinking of selling Louise....

Midnight_Ashes

Apr 1, 2008
County Durham
We are thinking again of selling Louise, no fault of her own but she's just not looking like she's going to be right for us. Nothing is set in stone yet, but how does this sound?

14hh Registered Welsh Section D x mare. 8 years old, wormed and vaccinated up to date. Is barefoot but has been shod - good with the farrier, to load/travel/clip etc. Has competed in showing, show-jumping and dressage and her lovely paces and scopey jump always put her in the ribbons. Safe, forward going and honest ride, requires a quiet rider to bring out her best as she is sensetive and responsive. A heart breaking sale through no fault of her own, she is open to any vet/instructor etc. 5* home only, no timewasters for this loving little mare. £3200ono including tack and rugs

223610_10150261436796961_507951960_7883714_3449928_n.jpg

263258_10150253376801961_507951960_7796456_7802528_n.jpg

188209_10150245983201961_507951960_7708763_7435062_n.jpg

Have to admit I don't like any of the pictures :eek: First makes her head look small, second makes me think she is long/dipped back and third is too blurry to tell if it is the same horse :eek:

Am going to stick my neck on the block and say that although she looks and sounds a nice pony - I think her price is a bit top heavy - sorry.

But prices down your way could be a bit higher than round here?? Hope you manage to get a nice home for her if you do decide to sell her.

ETA you also havent said whether or not she hacks alone or not....

I am wondering from how she is described why she is not right for you? You say no fault of her own, but was is the fault.
That is how i read adverts, friend looking she picks at everything.
I like the first photo, except not plaited, i know you foot for her type but for dressage i still would as cross.
Second photo is ok but not with the saddle girth mark. Nice setting and position if clean though.
Third needs to be clearer, but shows the scope, but would need to be clearer.

Echoing what others have said - drop the price and change the pictures. The first one might be a lovely picture as a souvenir but doesn't advertise her well. If it were sideways on it would be better.
A jumping photo is great to have but needs to be clearer, tighter and preferably with less going on behind.

You say she's registered - what are her bloodlines? At what level of competition is her experience?
You don't need the line about her needing a quiet rider. I understand why you've put it there, but it could put off the kind of rider you want and it doesn't really do her any favours. If a rider comes to try her who doesn't suit her you'll know, they probably won't even make an offer and they never have to ride her again. No harm done. If you do feel you have to put something put 'not a novice ride' but only if you really, really mean it as again, could put off the kind of people you want.
Good luck!

The pictures wouldn't be the ones I would use, they were just ones I had on the computer. (Sorry, should've said that).

NF, as for why she is not right - it really isn't her fault. She was bought for my mum who due to work committments and health problems needs a plod who is happy to be ridden now and again and as she has hip problems, a narrower mount.
As for her bloodlines, I don't have her passport in front of me but would put them in the advert.

I put about the quiet rider as if we do decide to sell her, I don't want a load of kids rolling up because they want a pony that can jump big so they can flog it round and round until its legs fall off (there are an awful lot of them around here!).

As I say, nothings set in stone, and rather than sell her at a loss I would sooner keep her, though that said, the market is quite strong round here compared to some other areas. I don't think it's overpriced for a versatile pony with a nigh on full wardrobe.

At the height she is if you sell as competition prospect you will get teenagers.
I know what you mean though, one of those finding the right home and hope they keep.

If she is not right for your Mum because of your Mum having hip problems and not being able to ride as often as horse deserves - those are excellent reasons for thinking you should sell. So why not explain that?

In fact I would start with 14hh Registered Welsh Section D x mare. 8 years old. Safe, forward going and honest ride, sensitive and responsive. A heart breaking sale due to health limitations of aging rider. Has competed in showing, show-jumping and dressage, with lovely paces and scopey jump. Open to any vet/instructor etc. Is barefoot but has been shod - good with the farrier, to load/travel/clip etc. Wormed and vaccinated up to date.
5* home only. £3200ono including tack and rugs

newrider.com