This annoys me more than it should

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
I bought a rhinegold tangerine numnah at my local tack shop. I then ordered a rhinegold tangerine girth online. Theyre completely different colours! I actually get anxious just looking at them together, it riles me so much! Im sending back the girth and getting a black one. Already one online order of the tangerine never showed up, that was from matchy horsey, and they dont answer any emails, now this turns up from another company and its totally the wrong shade. ? Anyway, that's me vented - I feel better.Screenshot_20200923-134008_Gallery.jpg

I’m seeing a red girth too, rant away Huggy, get it off your chest, I’d be pissy too! You would think that with it being the same company the colours would at least be reasonably close.

Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
The label actually says tangerine! I'm not even going to reorder, I'll just go with black. Cheesed off doesn't come close, I love the numnah but the girth grrrrr!

It would annoy me, because it's still money and postage.
Looking on ebay they have a few sizes left and it's showing orange in the photo. Depends how slim he is.

It would annoy me, because it's still money and postage.
Looking on ebay they have a few sizes left and it's showing orange in the photo. Depends how slim he is.
Thanks - I looked as well, but he's 46" - Hogan and slim are not even in the same postcode! I really wanted the tangerine, but I'm worried I'll send off again, and it'll be the different colour again. Sigh.

PS - the site I ordered it from the pic was as below - I assumed I'd get the colour 4th from left. Also the label clearly says tangerine. To be fair, I've got free return label, may just make do with black til I see one in a shop.Screenshot_20200923-200151_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200923-200354_Gallery.jpg

That's so bad! I'd be upset too. Wonder if it's been labelled wrongly? I'd have assumed it was the 4th from the left too - maybe drop Rhinegold an email and send them that pic?

Reactions: Huggy
That's so bad! I'd be upset too. Wonder if it's been labelled wrongly? I'd have assumed it was the 4th from the left too - maybe drop Rhinegold an email and send them that pic?
I might just do that. Honestly, I'm obsessed with it now! I'm like one of those OCD types that has a meltdown because the tins aren't lined up straight!

• Haha
Reactions: Trewsers
PS - the site I ordered it from the pic was as below - I assumed I'd get the colour 4th from left. Also the label clearly says tangerine. To be fair, I've got free return label, may just make do with black til I see one in a shop.View attachment 104018View attachment 104019
it's just been wrong packed happens all the time, get them to send the right colour

Wrongly labelled.
Though i do recall ordering stirrup leathers and being sent the wrong length, decided to sell on and ordered some elsewhere to be sent the same wrong length!

If it's an eBay outlet - sometimes ( not always ) it's end of line, seconds that they want rid of.

That's what I thought - I've ordered black (direct from rhinegold this time!) I'll put the orange one on my Christmas list, when it's back in stock.

You're not alone, this would bother me too!

I've even gone far enough that each of my mares has their own color palette for all their tack and gear and stalls. Its not just for aesthetics, its also functional. If my husband helps me pack the horse stuff then all he has to do is pack everything in one color. No need to ask me questions, because if he's helping with the horses then something (bad) happened to me. ??

All 3 mares are completely different sizes therefore absolutely none of their tack is interchangeable which means if something is forgotten we would be in trouble.

Well everyone cross those toes - have ordered it in tangerine from a different company (rhinegold out of stock). If you see a not tangerine girth rocketing across the sky, you'll know they got it wrong again.
shouldn't laugh but with my history of retail disasters the wrong colour girth is very minor......i bought a huge fridge freezer and it took 2 years to get AEG to sort the bloody thing out.

Hurrah thats so much better. Just hope its not labelled woth the wrong size or anything now, after all the hassle.

newrider.com