This morning I said goodbye to my best friend

Rubic

Equine Karaoke Queen
Apr 15, 2012
Glasgow
I got up to the yard at 7:30 (mums OH drove me) and spent some time grooming her and giving her polos and a good breakfast and we went for a walk round the winter field where she hunted down the best bits of the long grass. She was unusually cuddly and she got even more polos and pats. I'm glad that it was the vet that dealt with us since her original injury that came out (had asked for him specifically), he had brought a vet student in case I couldn't hold her but I knew I had to be brave for Rubic. She didn't know, she was just munching grass, it was peaceful. I sat with her for a while just patting her then I cut her tail (I'd like to have a bracelet or something made with it) and put her fleece rug over her. My friend left the keys to her house on the yard so I had a bit of time to myself before heading over to my mum's (her OH has taken the day off). The farmer said he'd deal with the rest for me.

I know it was the right decision.
c1c03f88c541c090a0358d5aefe6b669.jpg
9b6cd7cf636876e83608cca2462751c0.jpg
94483dc35d065b6d1e15401145d14e13.jpg
6f7a0eb10297e0ad42d152640afd1d08.jpg

Of course it was the right decision. It is so bloody hard and I am filling up here typing this reply. Glad it was peaceful and I am glad you coped. I'll be thinking of you this next few days. If you need we are all here.:)

Big hugs, it's never an easy decision to make and one we have to deal with as animal lovers. She is injury free now and running over Rainbow Bridge xx

I too am filling up reading your message. Of course you did the right thing, well done for giving Rubic such a lovely life and making sure it ended so peacefully at the right time for her. xx

I don't know what to say. I know you made the right decision but i cant help but shed a tear for you. I am terribly emotional these days, but i do feel like she was a true NR horse and i feel like i 'know' her. I am so sorry for you, hugs xx

Thanks everyone
I don't know what to say. I know you made the right decision but i cant help but shed a tear for you. I am terribly emotional these days, but i do feel like she was a true NR horse and i feel like i 'know' her. I am so sorry for you, hugs xx
Awww thanks for saying that, I'm glad you feel she was a true NR horse. She was very special.

I've been emotional since I've made the decision and the slightest thing has made me cry - uncontrollably so. Honey went home on Saturday and I couldn't stop crying, more so than I had expected. Now she's gone I feel totally devastated and emotionally exhausted but at peace with it. I'm not usually a "spiritual" person (not sure that is the best way to describe it) but when the vet arrived she put her head in my arms and sighed. It felt right.

I am in tears here feeling for you. I know you really loved her. You couldn't have done more.

I hope you can start to heal now after all the angst of making the decision.

Oh sweetheart, I am just SO very sorry that you had to go through this. Totally the right decision and I'm glad you are at peace with it. She was such a lovely girlie. Thinking of you xxx

So sorry hun, I hope you can take comfort in the fact you made the right decision and did the best possible thing you could for her.

rip rubic xx

Aww sad to read this she was gorgeous but you definitely did the best thing for her xx

Not saying it'll get easier in time, but you'll remember all the lovely memories she gave you, no one can take those away

newrider.com