This moved me to tears

diamonddogs

Apr 14, 2008
Badiddlyboing, Odawidaho
My father-in-law, a keen water colour artist, subscribes to a website where people upload photos for the artists to draw. Some months ago I uploaded a pic of Kelly, which I've always been very proud of.

Last Friday, we had a beautiful message from an artist in the States, who'd drawn the pic using pencil. We wrote back to thank her, and recieved a lovely message back, and she told us she'd been so moved by Kelly that she set up a tribute on her blog, reproduced here:

"A Tribute to Kelly
Less than 2 weeks ago I drew and posted what I called "Eye of the Horse". In fact the real name was 'Kelly's Eye.' Her owner had taken the photo and posted it on a copyright free site for artists.

After seeing my drawing on that site yesterday, her owners who live in the UK, contacted me to say how much they liked the drawing but that sadly Kelly, their beautiful grey mare passed away suddenly just a few weeks ago. it seems I had just drawn her at almost the same time of that happening. I needn't tell you how sad my heart felt all last night.

What started for me as a drawing is now a real soul to me, and I will never forget her name was Kelly. Here is the real photo of her, and my rendition is below.

Barbra Joan"

And the pic and drawing:

Attachments

• Kel Original.jpg
    Kel Original.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Kel drawing.jpg
    Kel drawing.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 61
Have to confess to a tear in my eye - what a very moving little story - and an incredibly good drawing - Kelly's memory lives on even all those thousands of miles away. Lovely.:twins: x

What a fantastic tribute to your special girl, Kelly. A truly amazing story xx

Yes, the kindness of strangers never ceases to amaze me. :D

lik.gif

What a wonderful story in such sad circumstances. I couldn't help thinking that the artist's drawing looked very spiritual.

Thanks for sharing xx

newrider.com