This weekend. Whats everyone up to?

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
Wondering what everyone is up to or have been up to over the weekend?

I went to go a few a new yard, bought a few pressies and seen to sox. I have been invited out but to be fair. I have been I the awful weather all day and really just want a cosy night in with a film , takeaway house to myself and a bottle of wine :) Which I have :) Tomorrow doing other boring jobs, ironing, tidying my room ect.

Everyone else?

Took Cally out to a SJ/XC style competition but the weather was so shocking no one else turned up!! So I had great fun playing/practicing the jumps then did the full course. I was offered the much coveted red rosette for my 'win' but that seemed silly so I didn't take it.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Work for me as usual, other than that not a lot. I need to wrap Christmas presents but don't have the enthusiasm right now.

Most of yesterday was spent getting warm after getting a complete drenching tending to the girls. Then later on we had a nice two mile walk in the moonlight. Met a few highlands on the way - (not sure who startled who the most!) and finished the day with paprika beef and weak lager.
Today is hard and frosty so will definitely be looking for another walk. The girls are happy away munching, madam's leg seems so much better too. My washing machine has died a death so have been doing some items by hand. Later on OH and I are going to do some Christmas arts and crafts together. We're both itching to open my new set of oils! Did a HUGE full muck out this morning, they'd been sheltering most of yesterday and previous night so that's a very satisfying job taken care of. Oh, and I have jodhpurs to mend. Anyone got any tips for stitching denim?! I am not a good sewer at all!

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Most of yesterday was spent getting warm after getting a complete drenching tending to the girls. Then later on we had a nice two mile walk in the moonlight. Met a few highlands on the way - (not sure who startled who the most!) and finished the day with paprika beef and weak lager.
Today is hard and frosty so will definitely be looking for another walk. The girls are happy away munching, madam's leg seems so much better too. My washing machine has died a death so have been doing some items by hand. Later on OH and I are going to do some Christmas arts and crafts together. We're both itching to open my new set of oils! Did a HUGE full muck out this morning, they'd been sheltering most of yesterday and previous night so that's a very satisfying job taken care of. Oh, and I have jodhpurs to mend. Anyone got any tips for stitching denim?! I am not a good sewer at all!

Trewsers this just sounds so lovely, I especially like the you and Mr T doing Christmas craft things together, my OH would run a mile if I suggested such to him.

Reactions: Trewsers
Enjoying my long weekend, only have 18 hours work this week (that's 1.5 12 hour night shifts) to do this week, then i'm off for 15 days :D
Oh is decorating atm, and i'm contemplating cleaning the fish out..

Spent today letting friends and relatives know that my lovely mil has passed away. Don't know what happens tomorrow. First step in sorting funeral stuff I guess. Still got a lot of Christmas stuff to sort out (haven't even started on cards yet, never mind anything else!) but lacking any motivation at the moment. :(

I took Ben out to dressage today and then spent the rest of the afternoon playing with the boys and cooking roast dinner. Yesterday we mainly sat on the drive selling home made cookies to anyone who walked by. The boys are keen to earn their own money but aged 5 and 8 there isn't much they can actually do. In between being active I have been in bed trying to shake my terrible cold before the Christmas holidays start.

newrider.com