Those of you looking for a conventional looking treeless saddle.

I'm not sure what's with the moveable panels - but give me the SBS anyday - I think that's about as conventional looking as you can get at the moment! I don't like the handle at the front - and the seat which you can lengthen.

Fussy me :rolleyes: !!

I actually think the Ansur looks more conventional than the SBS, but then again I have an Ansur and haven't seen the SBS up close.
I might look into it though, as I like my Trekker talent.

It did say the pommel was removable-also said it was a large fiberglass block, but doesn't look like it to me!

it is exactly 482.326 pounds!

Will empty my pm box! :)

That's very cool, especially if the pommel can be removed (but how great to hang onto it when the horse is being a prat!) :D The moveable panels underneath are just like those on the kiddy saddles :)

It also looks like a smooth leather cover could be put over the pommel, making it look more traditional. So instead of a "handle" it would just be...a pommel.

Um. It says the panels are fixed, just flexible.

No_Angel said:
I actually think the Ansur looks more conventional than the SBS, but then again I have an Ansur and haven't seen the SBS up close.
I might look into it though, as I like my Trekker talent.

Here's the SBS on Saff, it's moved back a bit because the girth was loose but as you can see it's fairly 'normal' looking, even more so when you're on board.

As an SBS owner I'm very anti Ansur for obvious reasons so wouldn't touch one with a bargepole plus they're very expensive in comparison.

Saff8.jpg

To go back to the original topic I'm not keen on the look of the Trekker Dressage (the 'handle' thing does nothing for me) but they had better watch out ... they could be next!

I saw someone riding in an Ansur and it was quite clear, from a distance, that it wasn't a traditional saddle. It hasn't looked that way in pics of the SBS--but then, seeing something in person, and seeing a picture, aren't always comparable.

I think Ansur would be stupid so start another law suit. I dont like the idea of them suing EE, but im not one to miss out on a good saddle just because the company did something silly! I have the jumping saddle anyway, and it looks far more traditional then the dressage model.

I emailed the Trekker company and asked for shipping costs, and to me seems fairly cheap (25 euros= about 17 pounds I think) so will let mom have a good look at it when shes back and maybe order one, im soo excited, I should really get a life! :D

P.S- do you think that a seatbone saver ob the top of the saddle will make the pommel look more traditional, by dort of hiding it?

newrider.com