Those silly questions that pass through our minds thread

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Because I have a few random ones. Add yours.

1. Does anyone actually upload photos to their album? It's just I like looking at photos.

2. Where is everyone? With things getting back to some sort of new normal and the kids breaking up for the summer, where are all our members? Has merging and doing away with the sub section increased people?

3. If I get an idea why is it in the night, when it would have been more useful to me at the time!

Answer or join in. :)

Because I have a few random ones. Add yours.

1. Does anyone actually upload photos to their album? It's just I like looking at photos.

2. Where is everyone? With things getting back to some sort of new normal and the kids breaking up for the summer, where are all our members? Has merging and doing away with the sub section increased people?

3. If I get an idea why is it in the night, when it would have been more useful to me at the time!

Answer or join in. :)

To answer the above.
No, I don't post pics cos I don't have an album - well I think I might do but there's only old pics in it. And I always forget.
Some of the new people have only posted a couple of times, despite encouragement haven't returned. This leads me to think we are either A) all very boring and not good forum company or B) they are out doing thrilling things with their neds and simply don't have time to post (I like to think the latter!!!)
Not sure on the ideas in the middle of the night thing. Only thing I seem to get are weird night mares these days and no good ideas at all apart from getting back to sleep!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
One thing I did think about - well form an idea one night when dropping off was a glove line in the tack room. It works ace - no more lost gloves and it's perfect for when they get wet (which they seem to all winter). So that was a good productive thought. If a bit random!

One thing I did think about - well form an idea one night when dropping off was a glove line in the tack room. It works ace - no more lost gloves and it's perfect for when they get wet (which they seem to all winter). So that was a good productive thought. If a bit random!
You always have random thoughts, it’s fab ?

Reactions: Trewsers
No i dont use the albumns anymore. Did up load a few pictures at one point.

Theres been a steady number of new members joining over several months now i notice, but very few are posting. So i wonder if they sign up and then change there minds. Maybe we arent posting enough horsey stuff for there liking. I would have thought that with people sat at home during lockdown with nothing to do we would have had more joining in.

You keep seeing the news saying how people have found new communications with zoom etc during lockdown. So i would have thought people would source out forums to participate in too.

I just forget what i think about to post by the time i get on here.

Why do I have no problem with mucking out a stable every day, and in fact am pretty meticulous about how it's done, but running the vacuum cleaner and duster round the house feels like a punishment and waste of time?
Because it is.

I think my brain just needs time to process and chuck out all the junk before it can come up with useful stuff at 3am! And then it wakes me up because I’ll need to write it down or I’ll have forgotten again by morning!

My house currently looks like a jumble sale and is in definite need of vacuuming, the field is pretty tidy though as I poo pick twice a day and spend many hours cutting, pulling, sorting and tidying there ?

The cobs hallway is tidy in case we get visitors.
The shelter has been improved upon.
It's pouring out there so interested to see how it holds up to wind and rain at the moment.

As for poo picking I wanted one of those foldable wheelbarrows. But seen it being sold by four different sellers, all with the same photos, so suspect they are just drop shipping.

Why don't they make rug belly straps quick release?

Little pony at the yard had his hind stuck up through his this morning, not sure how long he had been like it but was shaking from the effort of standing that way. Weight bearing and walking him round, looked okay just stiff so hopefully no serious damage but I do know a horse that broke it's leg that way.

• Sad
Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
As for poo picking I wanted one of those foldable wheelbarrows. But seen it being sold by four different sellers, all with the same photos, so suspect they are just drop shipping.
My experience of those, they’re just about manageable with for a couple of days away, but wouldn’t cut it for daily work, they’re not all that tough, are small and not very sturdy.

Why don't they make rug belly straps quick release?

Little pony at the yard had his hind stuck up through his this morning, not sure how long he had been like it but was shaking from the effort of standing that way. Weight bearing and walking him round, looked okay just stiff so hopefully no serious damage but I do know a horse that broke it's leg that way.
That’s a very good question, why don’t they? I guess they need to be pretty tough to stand up to rolling etc

All rugs should have a breaking point though?
I don't like leg straps unless they are quick release. They used to be leather didn't they.

newrider.com