Those who poo pick....

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Last year I was put onto this by a horse FB page post and for £2 I thought it was worth a try. Someone recommended a child's rake from Aldi for poo picking. You need to buy the style in the middle of the pic...the green and red ones but they are so much easier than the standard equine rake that comes with the scoop. Not so good in long grass - but the neither is the equine rake but in shorter grass I guarantee you'll be chuffed to bits.
20170629_173620-800x450.jpg

I don't PP any more now I'm back on livery but I lent my rake to a friend who had taken on a little PP job for some extra money and when I next saw her she kissed me! :p

BEST £2 I ever spent.

I brought a new poo picking set as my scoop broke recently. The rack that came with the new one is awful. Its heavy as the bottom has a solid metal plate, the fork part also digs into the ground. My old rake is so much better as it glides smoothly over the grass.

This is the answer I've been looking for (I think) I ache from stooping and need something chunkier to grip, guess where I'm going tomorrow:D thanks for the tip

Nail on the head Newforest! Mate you need one of these babies... the people I'm working for at the moment have a poo vacuum! :cool:

613201793052.jpg

Love the idea of a hoover @joosie. YO has a 'sweeper' thing (don't know what it's proper name is) attachment for the quad, but it only works on level ground and short grass.

Other than that we use shavings forks to poo pick and fling straight into the trailer or a barrow. I didn't know there was another way lol.

newrider.com