Those with traditional type cobs - what sort of bridle do you have ?

Ruskii

Jun 21, 2000
UK
I'm being fussy (again) about what sort of bridle I want for my boy, and just curious to know what sort of bridle people use on their cobs ?

I have got a lush bridle from KV. Will take pics this weekend - keep forgetting.

Izzy is a coloured and we have the following in havana (all KV)

Hunter noseband 1.5 inches wide
To go with that I have 3 browbands to swap about - brass clench one, tiger eye one and the snaffle bit one. Don't want to be too blingy but like to have a few options for different occassions.:wink:

I also got a padded noseband and matching browband with stitching to wear at other times.

At the moment we are wearing the hunter with clench browband which really suits him. We are going for a posh lesson on Sunday so I will swap browbands to the tiger eye for a change.

I really like the wide nose band.:inlove: He looks so handsome:inlove::inlove: But I am a little biased!

I used a brown hunt cavesson on my cob to show in, he's now in brown beta hackamore bridle with hi viz padding and a concho to make it look 'westerny'.

Plain black hunt cavesson on Joy. She looks better with a flat wider noseband. I don't do fancy stitching, jewels or stones and this certainly would be right for her even if I did.

I may be a slightly biased :tongue: but Joy is stunning and I want people to admire her rather than what she's wearing :giggle:

I too will be going for a lovely handmade hunt cavesson with continental reins from KV when funds and her workload allows. I loved the bridle she made for clava, excellent quality with nothing in the shops comparable at such a low price.

Sorted, made my mind up then.

Last minute stupid choices when I went into a tack store and thought - oooo what about that sort ? :banghead:

KV - cheque is in the post ;)

newrider.com