To brighten up your day, try not to fall off your chair

I think she could pass as a baby elephant, just minus the trunk.

I don't use anything on her except mane and tail on the mane and tail. So I knew I couldn't complain, it's just funny.

Last edited:
I really, really do not miss that about hairy cobs - the pathetic scanty ID type wisps of feather from both Dolly and Miller are bad enough. Interestingly the only winter one of my hairies ended up with mud fever was a the winter I religiously took care of the feather with PO and S ??? Leave them as they are is my best advice...once you start washing the mud of and faffing around on a regular basis you get down to the skin and that is a big No in cold wet weather with them. :)

I was watching people yesterday queueing up at a yard i was at waiting to wash legs off before stabling.
I got back this morning from my hack and just slapped some oil on the feather under the mud and out he went. The only time i wash the legs is for the farrier.

Ours are like that up to their bellies almost :( Im so sick of the weather, was supposed to be a nice dry day yesterday but no it rained yet again!
How on earth did you fall off a chair @newforest ??

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I don't wash hers either. I hacked out like that and when I got back it had either fallen off or was dry enough to flick off the worst.

I will see what she looks like today. We do have mud but as a rule she avoids it.

Reactions: Cortrasna
Oh ok .... sometimes I wonder about myself.

Hehehehe I wonder about myself also! I just walked down to our parcel box talking to myself having just had a quick conversation with Chloe and Storm, as luck would have it there passed by a yellow van but least it didn’t have square wheels :D:pso that’s okay. When I retrieved the parcels Chloe was waiting at the gate to let me in. She “told” me she wanted to know what was in the packages. Hehehe keep taking the tablets I say.......

• Haha
Reactions: Kite_Rider
I really, really do not miss that about hairy cobs - the pathetic scanty ID type wisps of feather from both Dolly and Miller are bad enough. Interestingly the only winter one of my hairies ended up with mud fever was a the winter I religiously took care of the feather with PO and S ??? Leave them as they are is my best advice...once you start washing the mud of and faffing around on a regular basis you get down to the skin and that is a big No in cold wet weather with them. :)
If you over do the oil or can stop the skin breathing and you create other issues.
I will get another photo, s what she looks like today.
I have shortened up the fronts, it will grow back. But that always helps.

Reactions: Cortrasna
newrider.com