Today I got bombarded by water balloons.

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Decided to walk from work to the yard. Some traveller kids threw them at me while another kid filmed it.

Made me feel like rubbish and I was worried as had my expensive camera on me and phone so just kept my head down and kept walking.

:(

How awful - you probably did best to just keep your head down and carry on walking, little gits! :mad: Years ago they moved in alongside our place (not here when I lived in England) and they threw bottles and fireworks at us out riding, stole the pet lamb and probably ate it, stole the Alsatian and let all the horses out on the road and set fiore to the hay barn. Please don't ever ask me to be politically correct and polite about the travelers - I hate them with a vengeance they are neither traditional gypsys not are they 'gentlemen' of the road. Sadly those genuine people no longer exist expect for very small pockets of genuine Romanys. How horrible for you. :(

Reactions: Gimp
And they want to build a travellers site right next to the golf club just a couple of miles from where I live too.....

Politics apparently.... The Council is the only thing standing in it's way at the moment and planning permission.
It has become a concern though, that petitions are not working, as despite public back lash, there are housing developments who have succeeded in overturning rulings so they can build houses on fields rather than brown belt. There have been three successful overturns in a row, meaning roughly 200+ houses are going to be built in an already severely overstretched infrastructure :( Glossop is going to be swallowed by progress, and no longer be just a small town :(

Anyway, back to the subject.. I don't mind travellers as long as they clean up after themselves, cause no trouble, and just get on with life. It's the ones who steal, use trees as a place to hang their bags of excrement in, fields as work shops, and steal horses that worry me.
I hope your ok Ale xx

Okay well the travellers have done worse now. They always fly tip down the roads round here. There careless actions caused a horse to spook into incoming cars the other day and the horse died. Luckily rider and driver okay but devastating and I am scared to hack out now.

Okay well the travellers have done worse now. They always fly tip down the roads round here. There careless actions caused a horse to spook into incoming cars the other day and the horse died. Luckily rider and driver okay but devastating and I am scared to hack out now.

Just read your other thread, sounds awful. Darn those travellers. Police should move them all on. (Not sure where to though!)

Decided to walk from work to the yard. Some traveller kids threw them at me while another kid filmed it.

Made me feel like rubbish and I was worried as had my expensive camera on me and phone so just kept my head down and kept walking.

:(

That sounds appalling! Have they caught the driver? It's the driver's fault, not the poor rider's.

Horrible when you feel intimidated by mindless morons, it makes my blood boil reading about them and my gut reaction would be to grab one of the little oiks and give him a good hiding but you just know there would be repercussions. Hope they leave you alone.

Politics apparently.... The Council is the only thing standing in it's way at the moment and planning permission.
It has become a concern though, that petitions are not working, as despite public back lash, there are housing developments who have succeeded in overturning rulings so they can build houses on fields rather than brown belt. There have been three successful overturns in a row, meaning roughly 200+ houses are going to be built in an already severely overstretched infrastructure :( Glossop is going to be swallowed by progress, and no longer be just a small town :(
Feel your pain DS, I think it's called which developer can give out the biggest back hander! We had it here a few years ago and what was once a lovely private garden across the canal from us is now three blocks of apartments complete with noisy renters staring straight into our back garden.

newrider.com