Today of all days..

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Following an overly dramatic reaction by my body to my annual flu vaccination yesterday I was feeling incredibly groggy this morning and just wanted a nice easy visit to Ale before work.

Of course he chose today of all days to be the wrong side of the fence! Obviously the top line had come down overnight (probably due to wind) and he was stuck in the little gateway bit.

Ale: MOTHER. SAVE ME
Me: you got in there, you can manage to get yourself out
Ale: I'm trapped *gallops in a tiny circle* RESCUE ME!!
Me: okay wait there then, I'll just turn the power off *approaches slowly to keep him calm*
Ale: I CAN WAIT NO LONGER!! (despite probably being in there for many hours)

He then proceeded to take the most over dramatic run up he could manage in the tiny space to clear the one foot off the ground remaining strand of electric fence he could have easily just popped over.

He obviously failed to clear it...

So it caught his back legs. Full on gallop across the field to freedom taking the whole bottom line of fencing with him.

I got to work late absolutely covered in mud in desperate need of a lie down. Still love him though haha

Oh bugger, why do they always do these things when we're on our way to work! I hope he's all OK after getting caught, and you didn't get in any trouble with work?

Reactions: MrA
Yes checked him over he seemed fine, luckily it's the wide tape and have those safety catches that did their job. Just meant a longer job to fix but I'd rather that than him be injured! Work were okay, luckily I always keep a stash of over time worked just in case for emergencies.

Not my day today, Tilly one of my degus just isn't right tonight, still feeling rubbish from yesterday so missed my work Christmas do but at least that means I can check on her. Hopefully tomorrow is a little better overall

Reactions: Trewsers
There's something in the air! Tipping it down yesterday, and as I got Hogan back to the field, YO's horse barged out. He's notoriously hard to catch, and very bad mannered - has to be caught and led with a chifney. Shut Hogan in field, trudged to the barn for the chifney, trudged back, and thank God, caught him and put him in. Found out this morning, Hogan did the exact same to YO yesterday morning! They are all brats!

• Wow
Reactions: Trewsers
Yes checked him over he seemed fine, luckily it's the wide tape and have those safety catches that did their job. Just meant a longer job to fix but I'd rather that than him be injured! Work were okay, luckily I always keep a stash of over time worked just in case for emergencies.

Not my day today, Tilly one of my degus just isn't right tonight, still feeling rubbish from yesterday so missed my work Christmas do but at least that means I can check on her. Hopefully tomorrow is a little better overall

How is Tily your degu?

• Love
Reactions: MrA
How is Tily your degu?
Thank-you for asking. I'm wondering if she's having some sort of phantom pregnancy. She's eating and drinking etc fine just staying in her nest box unless needed to come out and taking all her hay etc in there.

newrider.com