Today we went....Arena Eventing!

juliecwuk

Mar 2, 2006
Wolverhampton
And had a ball!

We did a 50cm class, 18 jumps (first 8 SJ type, then remaining 10 were XC/rustic type).

We have never done anything to this standard before, lots of spooky things, photographer, tannoy, soooo many jumps!

Moet was perfect, did everything calmly and sensibly...though we had one refusal due to the statue alongside the first XC style fence (shown in the photo below). Though i just let her sniff it and then she flew it no problems.

Other than the refusal, she was great. I thoroughly enjoyed it, tried to keep her in trot where i could to make sure we didnt have any silly last minute spooks at any of the jumps. I did have a video on my phone but managed to delete it :(

got two professional photos though :)

cant wait to do more, Moet is my perfect horse, i love her more and more with every month that passes!

oh and we got a frilly as came fourth :)

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 27
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 27
I am so jealous!!! Sounds great and the jumps look great. Glad you had a good time, Ben and I are jumping a 50cm clear round next Sunday and I can't wait. x

Congratulations! I'm very jealous too. Well done on your frilly :D

What's the difference between thst and show cross? I've never seen either so not sure exactly what's involved.

Isn't show cross showjumps out on a cross country course. So the opposite to xc jumps in the school?

Reactions: mu0ljk
Oh well done Julie! I love that second pic of Moet, her expression seems to be saying "This is so easy, I could do this all day". She is just such a lovely girl.

I think show cross is cross country jumps in a show jumping arena. I was going to go to a local one at the weekend (as a spectator) because Ben Hobday (International Event Rider) was a special guest, but I didn't have time. If I had, I would have found out what it actually is lol.

Show cross I believe is a mix of both, xc on xc course and sj in sj school.
Jump cross is knock down sj type out on xc course.

Thank you everyone!

Moët has turned out to an amazing alrounder, we do have such fun!

We have a few venues within easy reach which start at 50cm so I'm hoping to get to a few a year!

I so wish you were nearer me!!! I have a few friends who have horses and want to jump low, but mainly most of my friends jump much higher.

I am doing a 50cm jumping course on Sunday actually - can't wait!

Sounds fab Julie, I would have a go at something like that if me and Belle were both fit and well, I think I have resigned myself to plods from now on.
Thank you for sharing the photo's Moet is such a pretty girl. :)

newrider.com