Tonight Glasgow is a mess :'(

Rubic

Equine Karaoke Queen
Apr 15, 2012
Glasgow
There has been rioting and fighting in the city centre. People are being warned to stay away.

Burning flags, nazi salutes, hammer attacks and stabbings and attempts to burn buildings from what I've heard.

The British loyalists are out chanting their sectarian songs, a friend's father was there and said there was a large group up from England, members of the EDL, who were antagonising people who had gathered to attend a "Yes" rally. People have dragged their kids to it, fireworks are being thrown in people's faces. The videos that are being posted on facebook of the riots are truly terrifying. To top it off the Times and Channel 4 are reporting that it was Yes Campaigners burning Union Jacks, "handbags" and minor scuffles, it was (is) not.

I am so upset by the horrifying and disgusting things happening in my beautiful city right now. The city I have grown up and and loved for so many years has become an absolute mess because of the actions of complete cretins who want to spread their hatred, racism and bigotry and make people suffer.

No matter what the people of Scotland voted (and I'm sure this would have happened whatever the result), we did not vote for this. My thoughts are with those police (and police horses) who are working so hard to protect the innocent and prevent the rioters from causing further damage.

10614179_10204798393219187_7679283678994849273_n.jpg

Last edited:
We were warned at work that it was going to happen. Sad sad times :(

And the media. Gah. I wish we could live with out them. I really do. Unhelpful, trouble making, opinion stirring etc etc but sadly the way we find out about most things now

How hideous, I am so sorry and distressed. And ashamed if people from England really went to cause this trouble. What a nightmare.

I watched a lot of the coverage as I was very interested in this referendum... to see which way it would go. But this is disgraceful behaviour on our news and telly's if this was English people it makes me feel ashamed to be English :(

You could visably see how upset the yes campaigners were in the streets the morning after, they wanted a separate country to govern themselves and now the politicians are back tracking on their promises and vows :(

newrider.com