Took the plunge..pics

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
Last RAF BD event of the season and I was talked in to trying an elementary test not one of the nice early test but a e45 long arena.

We did the novice 22 first and he felt good I couldn’t stop smiling the whole way round... probably as I was so chuffed I remembered the test.

All was going well in the ele until the walk to canter when set off it felt wrong so I went back to trot and asked again which was fine but meant I was late to the next movement then I forgot the test......not unusual for me but I really tried this time. Got back on the ball only to not get the collect canter quick enough after the medium and struggled in to the 10m circle with g&r on the first half.

Pulled it back together and enjoyed the rest.

I came out ring disappointed that I let my boy down but super proud of how he reacted to a silly mum moment.

Couldn’t believe my results

Areas on sat but I can’t go but ROR champs and first dr to music on the 14/15

70186FF0-8468-4E8B-AC02-3F235A96E406.jpeg 9519652B-6634-44DE-A575-D74706F48DF0.jpeg

Well done OCB! The fact you go and do it has me in awe never mind trying to remember a test! Ginger looks gorgeous :)

Fantastic result, well done both of you! Best of luck for your next outing too

Well done.
Have fun with dtm, I really enjoy that. I'm not a dressage person but that and prix caprilli and I'm there. :)

Thanks guys tbh we are really that good. He is calm with good paces and accurate which the judges like. We have no medium trot at all.

There is nothing flashy about us no huge movement we get picked up for suppleness. Needs to be rounder with more jump to the canter and needs to engage more behind.

We are working on it and getting there slowly but the most important part is his heart and how much he enjoys it he is such a pleasure to compete on

Thanks guys tbh we are really that good. He is calm with good paces and accurate which the judges like. We have no medium trot at all.

There is nothing flashy about us no huge movement we get picked up for suppleness. Needs to be rounder with more jump to the canter and needs to engage more behind.

We are working on it and getting there slowly but the most important part is his heart and how much he enjoys it he is such a pleasure to compete on

That was meant to say we AREN'T really that good arrggg

I like the first description.
In comparison to my riding ability, you are good, you put in the work, you enjoy it, your horse enjoys it.
Enjoyment is key to me.

newrider.com