Totally confused

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Farrier came to look at jess and boots yesterday, while he was there I asked him to show me how to use hoof testers, where, how hard etc
So he's showing me how the tip of the toe shouldn't have any reaction (which it didn't) and how at the tip of p3 you might get a reaction (again nothing) if there were lami then put her foot down and continued chatting and I thought jess was stood a bit odd, then she went to turn to walk away and nearly fell over she was so horribly lame, just for a few steps, then sound again. So confused :confused::( im going to message the farrier this morning and see if he's got any thoughts on what it means as he was really shocked by it too.

That is strange..hope he has some answers for you..Do you think it is nerve related, by putting pressure on with the hoof testers ???

I chatted to the farrier this morning, he's going to review her xrays again but the lack of reaction to testers then dramatic reaction moments after has us baffled, perhaps it was coincidental, she had slightly puffy fetlocks at the time, all 4 this morning and heat in the left fore and hind (LF was the one we were practicing on) which went with hosing, no clue what thats about either o_O

newrider.com