Towing vehicle

to tow a single trailer most likely an Ifor Williams

Looking for Recommendations

Thank you
I have a Hyundai Santa Fe for my Ifor Williams 505. I only have the one horse but regularly pick up friends' horses to ride with. It tows two smallish horses easily and is a lovely car to drive. Reasonably fuel efficient for a 4x4 and a much cheaper option than Discoveries or Shoguns.

Best tow vehicle I had was a discovery v8 but not overly cost effective for an everyday car, I also had an older range rover V8 for ' a work horse' You dont know your towing with them, so much power to get out of any sticky situation

Best for me was the Shogun but had to go as was just too uneconomical. I know a few people with the santa fe who love them and also a few with older kia sorrento. I have a Ford Kuga now the biggest engine size 4x4 and that tows fine and within the legal limits.

Had discoverys, a terrano which was good and a ssangyong rexton which also has been a fantastic tow vehicle. Personally had lots of issues with discoverys but I know others that swear by them. I was gutted when Nissan discontinued the terranos as IMO they are fantastic tow cars. Although if your buying used consider ssangyongs as they are good value and tow well and are worth considering, think they won awards as a tow car too. x

Love my Xtrail :) great mileage, cheaper road tax and great car for towing. Cheap on tyre etc as well :)

I tow Kia in a 505 with mine and you wouldn't know he was there.

Most larger saloon cars will tow a single. Mondeo style, qashquai, Impreza, etc... As long as it has a big enough engine! More economical than most 4wd too.

It would have to be a pretty chunky saloon car for me to tow with one, the issue isnt if it will pull it but if it has enough weight to stop the trailer from sailing past you in an emergency stop situation.

Reactions: chev and marj
newrider.com